Maersk Line recruits 01 Sales Support
Last application date: 20/3/2019
We are looking for a Sales Support Associate to embark on an exciting career at our Johannesburg Office.
This position will support the sales team to manage and grow assigned accounts in line with the organizational strategy, goals, policies and processes.
We offer you an exciting job opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity.
You will get to focus on creating valuable relationship with our current and new customers.
You will work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you are valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
You will be expected to:
– Build a good understanding of target customers (industries, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements);
– Build good working relationship with the sales executives to jointly achieve targets set for the commercial organization;
– Ensure replies to all sales leads and key correspondence are delivered within 24 hours;
– Assist with processing price quotes and rate negotiations;
– Effectively assist in problem resolution through delegation to the corresponding internal department;
– Support and best practice sharing with other sales support associates;
– Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools (Salesforce.com and others) are updated on time and of excellent quality;
– Handle VIP filing and processing, Compliance reports and Tender management.
We are looking for
An individual with:
– A Bachelor’s degree (ideally) with at least 2 years industry or equivalent sales experience
– Strong ability to grasp and work within the commercial environment.
– Customer focus and sharp business acumen
– Enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
– Strong work ethic, integrity and willingness to learn
– Organizational and time management skills with ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
– High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.