Maersk Line recruits 01 Sales Representative
Sales Representative – CAPE TOWN / JOHANNESBURG / DURBAN
Last application date: 30/6/2019
We are looking for driven and enthusiastic individuals to join our Sales Teams in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban.
In this role, you are expected to build sustainable relationships with customers to develop our portfolio of activities and increase our profit.
Opportunity to join a truly international company, working with a diverse workforce, like-minded people in a fast pace environment with great career prospects.
A chance to develop further within Sales. An opportunity to grow our brand in this dynamic and exciting market.
Whilst having a reasonable size of a portfolio of clients, a challenge to grow your clientele further as you add new acquisitions, in line with our targeted segments. The portfolio is a combination of Field and Office engagement; we have positions that are predominantly Field as well as Office based sales.
You will be expected to:
– Deliver agreed volume, revenue and profitability targets in line with Cluster commercial strategy and sales processes;
– Meet the minimum Customer Sales calls per week (in line with internal requirements) as well as fulfilling the internal requirements of updating Salesforce (Customer Relationship management tool) with the pre-scribed information after each call. (Persuasive selling model should be used in Sales calls and confirmation letter sent after each call);
– Align your behaviors with core values and Maersk guiding principles;
– Identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with segmentation strategy and targets;
– Provide feedback to Trade & Marketing on any product or commercial opportunities or constraints;
– Address any Customer experience service follow-up with clients in a timely manner;
– Work with customers and internal stakeholders to on-board new customers and/or business;
– Understand Customer needs and decision makers, define customer value proposition in accordance with its specific segmentation/market place;
– Step in to support other functions to improve business processes e.g. consistent failure to pay within credit terms.
We are looking for
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in Sales/Commercial functions, within transport & logistics related industries;
– Customer focus and sharp business acumen;
– Drive for Results coupled with integrity and trust mindset;
– Interpersonal savvy with strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills.