Maersk Line recruits 01 Port Captain
- Niveau d’études: Non précisé
- Expérience: 10 ans ou plus
- Expire le: 07-10-2019
Cape Town, South Africa
Transports et logistique
Port Captain – Cape Town
Last application date: 7/10/2019
The Port Captain role is established as part of the insourcing of the entire Africa marine activities into the Africa Liner Operations. The aim of the role is to ensure physical presence on the operation location and to maintain relations with the terminals and ports in order to achieve high performance on Maersk vessels.
The Port Captain will ensure the execution of operations as approved by the marine division in Cape Town. The role requires consistent coordination with various internal stakeholders, to ensure sustainability of performances. The role has a direct reporting line to the General Manager, Port Optimization and Husbanding – Onsite teams, and a close relationship with the commercial organization in Cape Town.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge, as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to the Operations.
Our diverse team of passionate and dedicated colleagues are empowered and supported to grow by their leaders. We all have our customers in mind, in every action of our daily work life, and this is truly the key to reaching our target!
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterized by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
– Lead your team, providing coaching, training and improving their execution processes;
– Drive and improve port productivity and reduce vessel port stay by aligning with the marine berth and schedule teams in Cape Town;
– Daily and/or weekly analysis of operational execution for the onsite location followed by reviews and improvement plans to report to the marine division;
– Monitor compliance to Maersk operation standards, spot improvement areas and immediately initiate action to resolve them while making sure relevant stakeholders are involved;
– Identify and address operational issues in your location and share the best practices with your peers in Africa;
– Build and maintain good and strong relationships with both Internal and External stakeholders and continuously engage with them to protect Maersk operational interests;
– Execute through your teams on the agreed capacity and marine as well as others projects of the Africa Liner Operations while maintaining constant feedback to ensure alignment;
– Ensure your team is fully equipped with operational and safety tool to execute the operations;
– Drive the communication behavior persistently so the team is constantly aligned with the 24hr teams in Cape Town;
– Engage with Vessel masters, collect feedback and assist them whenever required. In locations where husbanding services are outsourced, Port Captain should constantly monitor Agent’s performance.
– Key driver in driving planning efficiencies to maximize reefer load – landside and waterside
We are looking for
We are looking for a driven individual with the following:
– A Degree in any Business related course;
– At least 10 years working experience in Operational roles (ideally in container terminals, local operations and/or stowage coordination);
– Project and Change management experience;
– Analytical – able to understand and process available information received from multiple sources thereby enabling effective decision-making;
– Detail-orientated able to understand logical process flows;
– Collaborative with sharp communication skills – both written and verbal
– Capable of successfully coping in a highly pressurized environment
– Excellent Leadership qualities as well as relationship management skills- both within one’s own working environment and externally;
– Able to demonstrate initiative and work independently towards success.