Finance Business Partner – Africa LOC
Last application date: 19/4/2019
Do you have what it takes to successfully develop your career as a Finance Business Partner in Maersk, a global industry leading company?
Currently at Maersk we are looking for a high-caliber individual to join our Africa Liner Operations Cluster (LOC).
We offer an exciting and attractive career, in an ambitious and
competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional
and personal development.
AFRLOC offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will work together with a pool of skilled and talented people in an international environment within a
world class organization.
This unique position will get you early empowerment and management exposure as well as make you part of an exciting industry!
– The Operations Finance Business Partner (FBP) is to provide performance management, financial analytics and forward looking decision support to the operations executions teams. In doing so he/she must leverage “One set of numbers” and establish a strong link between financial numbers and operational actions.
– The Operations FBP must maintain an effective performance management environment in the operations as well as an operating system that supports both the cost leadership and the service delivery agendas.
– Enable timely identification of gaps in performance and provide insight and recommendations to the operation teams.
– It is expected that the Operations FBP has a detailed understanding of the financial numbers as well as solid business knowledge. Through this challenge the performance and decisions within the Operations execution teams by ensuring lowest possible cost of execution and highest service delivery standards.
– The Operations FBP supports the Operations LOC CFO in being the Finance Steward on the ground. Moreover, closely works with the Global Service Center (GSC) in India to strengthen controls and financial reporting.
We are looking for
– Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or Business;
– At least 2 years’ experience in finance;
– ‘Self-starter attitude’ and ready to invite yourself to the table;
– Energetic team player with strong communication skills enabling you to engage and influence key stakeholders;
– Excellent interpersonal skills combined with your ability to condense detailed subject matter into clear and effective communications will help you build broad-based business relationships across the organization and skillfully influence peers/colleagues to promote and sell ideas;
-Analytical, problem-solving, organization and time management are skills essential to this multitasking job which requires prioritizing and planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals;
– Adaptable and able to keep the bigger picture in focus, will help you while navigating through complex issues;
– Strong business ethics to conducts all activities with honesty and integrity;
– Advanced technical skilled with Microsoft office applications, especially Word, Power point & Excel as well as ability to operate and develop Power BI tools.