Last application date: 21/11/2021
The successful candidate will deploy his/her high quality Maritime Crewing and HR professional education and experience to a highly dynamic and fast paced business environment.
Based in Luanda, Angola and reporting to the HR Manager, this position will suit an experienced HR/ crewing professional with an international mindset.
The role requires high learning agility, independent thinking,
innovation and decision making in a Company that is the global leader in its’ industry.
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to join an
international and growth focused global industry leader with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, both
within SVITZER and the Maersk Group.
We operate a lean and flat organizational structure with a mindset of autonomy creating a performance driven culture that allows you significant independence to impact the value of your position and ultimately the performance of our company.
You will be supported in your tasks by the local Svitzer HR & management
team as well as Svitzer AMEA (Asia, Middle East and Africa) Regional
Office’s HR and Crewing managers based in Dubai, UAE.
A network of seasoned Country HR and Crewing Officers and HR
Managers across various geographies in the Region are your go-to peers
for sparring and mutual guidance.
Guide Managers and Leaders to manage an engaged onshore and
offshore organisation – developing performing personnel and initiating
fair consequences for those who are not.
• Promote an industry-leading safety culture and ensure adherence to all
safety procedures and policies.
• Ensure adherence to all global and regional HR and Crewing operational
procedures and work practices
• Drive cost efficiency and smart spend in all Crew related expenditure.
• Implement best practice standards for HR and Crewing operations, as
communicated by the SVITZER Group and/or AMEA Region.
• Ensure that vessels are manned and equipped according to legal
requirements and SVITZER standards for relevant operational activities.
• Understand Safe Manning as per Class and Flag regulations, and
Operational Manning as per operational activities and Client requirements
• Recruit qualified, medically fit and competent seafarers with required
experience to crew the vessels in the fleet as per operational manning
• Ensure seafarers are paid in a timely manner and that their welfare
is first priority at all times.
• Maintain up-to-date records and ensure seafarers are trained as required standards (STCW, OVMSA etc).
We are looking for
• Degree in Human Resources Management.
• Maritime Industry experience highly preferred.
• Diploma in Crew Management an advantage.
Training / Competencies
• Fast learner, high computer literacy and self managed. To be successful in the role requires the use of multiple HR and Company software platforms (training is provided by Svitzer in the use of HR and Crewing systems).
• High / expert user of your current/past employer’s HR IT
• MS Office suite (excel, word, power point).
• Fluency in both written and oral Portuguese and English.
• High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity