Svitzer recruits 01 Operations Manager
Transports et logistique
Operations Manager -Soyo, Angola
Soyo Local/Expat Ship
Last application date: 30/11/2020
SVITZER Angola Lda is looking to hire a Towage Operations Manager for its’ operations in Soyo, Angola.
SVITZER is one of the world’s largest towage companies, owning and operating vessels in more than 40 countries and more than 150 ports and terminals across the globe. The company is growing rapidly both organically and through acquisitions. SVITZER is a wholly-owned part of the Maersk Group. For more information about the company, please visit www.svitzer.com
SVITZER Angola Lda owns and operates 11 vessels and employs more than 120 colleagues both Onshore and Offshore.
Our Angola operations has a strong growth focus and a defined ambition of ramping up the size of the business in the near future.
As a B2B Towage Operations Manager you will be part of a highly engaged international team with ambitious business targets. We set the bar high for ourselves and the organization, maintaining a results driven and aggressive mind-set while striking a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves on treating each other with respect and see our diversity as a genuine competitive advantage.
Company provided accommodationand transport. Excellent Medical Insurance. Rotational roster withback-to-back reliever. Competitivesalary package.
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to join an ambitious, international and growth focused global industry leader with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, both within Svitzer and the Maersk Group.
Svitzer is a global industry leader and you will play a key role in ensuring that this Svitzer business hits its’ financial targets and a return above cost of capital.
You will be supported by functional and operational specialists in the AMEA Regional Office in Dubai, UAE where a lean and flat structure as well as the mindset of autonomy creates a performance driven culture with significant independence to impact the position and ultimately the performance of our company.
A worldwide network of seasoned Towage Operations Managers across various geographies are your go-to peers for sparring and benchmarking.
The AMEA Region currently operates vessels in ports and terminals in Egypt, Angola, Cabinda, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Bangladesh, Liberia, Russia and Morocco – and is shortlisted for large projects is other
Our global Head Quarters in Copenhagen provides expert oversight, coordination and executive level intervention across the 40+ countries in which Svitzer operates – ensuring that you have high level support and diverse opportunities for your next career step in global towage.
• Management and administration of Marine Operations i.e. Soyo and Cabinda
• Management and control of vessel maintenance and deck-side technical matters
• Ensure compliance with all Class, Flag and Statutory Certification for all vessels, liaise closely with the Technical Manager for technical/engineering side of surveys.
• Management of Masters, Skippers and Chief Officers to ensure compliance with Svitzer processes and procedures at all times
• Management and oversight of Crew Administration to ensure vessel are properly manned at all times
• Ensure all crews have appropriate training so meet Svitzer OVMSA requirements and deliver training required to meet OVMSA compliance
• Oversight and management of crew to ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times
• Work closely with Client’s representatives to ensure a full understanding of tug capabilities is maintained across operations and address Client concerns on delivery of the service
• Conduct regular safety drills and exercises to ensure the required standards are maintained on all vessels
• Conduct simulator exercises with Deck Officers to ensue competence standards are met and maintained
• Ensure all incidents and accidents are reported and investigated as appropriate
• Ensure vessel and crew compliance with Marine Standards requirements.
• Act as Svitzer Representative on the local Port Security Committee in Soyo
• Manage the operational implications of the Svitzer Security Plan for all operations
• Provide and maintain a high level of customer service Operational Crewing
• Oversight and control of day to day crew management including crew rostering
• Preparation of docking, class surveys, maintenance and repair budgets, and monitoring of expenditure, preparation of docking specifications and reports
• Management of the recruitment, selection and training of vessel
Masters, Skippers and Chief Officers in compliance with Svitzer ROAM processes and procedures; oversight and control of the recruitment,
selection and training of Deck Ratings in consultation with the Country Manager and other relevant functional managers in accordance with company guidelines
• Ensure employee records including crew certification and inductions are up to date and captured in Crew Inspector.
• Provide Crewing and Operational Budget inputs for annual budgets and forecasts
• Initiation of local purchases to approved financial limits
• Control and optimisation of operational costs
• Implement operational efficiencies to reduce day to day operational costs
General / Other
• Other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, including provide coverage for other
Management positions during periods of absence as delegated by the Country Manager
• Masters always discuss and often seek advice regarding towing operations, use of tug and equipment i.e. towing gear etc.
• The Pilots often discuss towing operations with Ops Manager and maneuvering methods, especially escort work.
We are looking for
Training / Required Competencies
• STCW II/2 CoC (MANDATORY)
• Good diagnostic skills
• Budget formulation, monitoring and cost management skills
• Effective communication skills, including negotiation and project management skills
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills with the ability to delegate tasks as required.
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel and MS Project
• High level of awareness of HS&E management.
• Experience with and knowledge of, modern marine coating systems
• Must remain up to date with Industry advances, technology and legislation.
• Resilient, pro-active, self-starter
• Minimum of 5 years ASD tug, marine towage and terminal operations experience
• Have an ability to make decisions and prioritize
• Work well under pressure