Re-advertisement; Supply & Logistics Associate G6,TA,Tripoli , Libya(Libya Nationals Only)#109443
Job Number: 523570 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Middle East and North Africa: Libya
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
Purpose for the job
Under the supervision of the Supply and Logistics Officer, the supply associate, provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient supply and procurement of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
III. Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
2. Obtains quotations, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers; arranges and participates in bid openings with the Supply Manager, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares CRC submissions for finalization by the Supply Manager.
3. Corresponds with programme Sections/Field offices and suppliers on supply and procurement matters.
4. Generates and compiles a variety of warehouse reports from vision and monitoring reports from the supply dashboard/pipeline reports.
5. Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
6. Drafts submissions to Contract Review Committee.
7. Maintains supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines.
8. Prepares Direct Orders (Purchase Orders) against existing Long Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements
9. Quality control and ensure accuracy of UNITRACK generated stock reports and monthly reconciliation of stock inventory reports from different offices. Prepares monthly stock reports on management performance indicators for warehousing operations.
10. Maintains purchase order/contract files with all required procurement documentation (POs, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc).
11. Responsible for conducting local market surveys on ongoing basis.
12. Correspond with offshore suppliers when required and Copenhagen for standard warehouse items and obtain LPA when required
13. Conduct market research for new products and new supplier source as well as updating new product technology
IV. Impact of Results
The capacity of the supply assistant to effectively and efficiently carry out the above duties contributes to the efficient planning, management and oversight of cost effective procurement, contracting, inventory, storage and delivery of supplies and related services directly impact on program delivery of goals and results. This in turn contributes to maintaining/enhancing the credibility of UNICEF as an effective and responsible manager of funds entrusted to the organization and to furthering UNICEF image as a competent organization for delivering cost effective and sustainable program results.
V. Competencies and level of proficiency required (please base on UNICEF Competency Profiles)
ï‚§ Diversity and inclusion
ï‚§ Communication (II)
ï‚§ Working with People (II)
ï‚§ Drive for Results (II)
ï‚§ Analyzing (II)
ï‚§ Applying Technical Expertise (II)
ï‚§ Planning & Organizing (II)
ï‚§ Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education: Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
Experience: Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.
Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic is required.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.”
Closing Date Thu Jul 11 2019 21:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)