REACH recruits 01 research Manager – Humanitarian Unit
We are currently looking for a Research Manager to support our Humanitarian Unit team in Libya.
The overall goal of the RM will be to ensure the smooth running of activities, and he/she will be responsible for the implementation and completion of the various work streams within the unit. This will include operational and programmatic oversight of the Multi Sector Needs Assessments (MSNA), as well as sectoral assessments, and the Data Team. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), providing input to the strategic development of REACH in Libya.
Under the management of the Country Coordinator (CC), the Research Manager – Humanitarian Unit oversees the programs and staff within the Humanitarian Unit. The candidate should be comfortable representing IMPACT with donors and be able to coordinate and liaise with a range of senior external partners, incl. sectors. Within this Unit, the Research Manager leads the IMPACT team to achieve program excellence and ensure the highest level of impact and accountability, while ensuring compliance to IMPACT’s guidelines and standards.As part of the country’s Senior Management team, she/he contributes to the development and implementation of IMPACT’s country strategy, and promotes organizational vision and core values across the mission.
- Academic Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (International
Relations, Political Sciences, Social Research, Economics, Development Studies, or similar)
- Management experience Previous experience in a management role in a INGO at field level. Proven track
record in successful management of international and national teams in humanitarian contexts
- Aid system Familiarity with the aid system, the humanitarian coordination structure, and the research
- Communication/reporting skills Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting, including
proven experience in contributing to high level presentations/briefings.
- Years of work experience At least 3 years of relevant working experience or proven progression within
- Research skills: Excellent research and analytical skills an asset. Experience in assessments. M&E, field
research, evaluations an asset.
- Software skills: Proven knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Familiarity with R, SPSS and/or STATA or other statistical analysis software an asset
- Multi-tasking skills Ability to multitask with tight deadlines, on numerous research cycles in complex
- Level of independence A self-starter with a proven ability to work independently;
- Cross-cultural work environment Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Experience in geographical region Past experience in Libya or North Africa or MENA is desirable;
- Language skills Fluency in English required, competency in Arabic an asset.
Please apply using the following link: Research Manager – Humanitarian Unit | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)