UN Women recrute 01 Communication and social media Consultant
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN WOMEN West & Central Africa Regional Office work includes support to and oversight for thirteen (13) country offices where UN Women has presence and a Multi Country Office covering four offices without UN Women country office presence more specifically this includes strategic programme development and policy/ technical advice, oversight, programme and operational support and quality assurance, supporting UN interagency coordination and intergovernmental support, representation and advocacy, strategic partnerships and resource mobilization and knowledge management.
Reporting to the Regional Communication Specialist, The Communication and Social Media consultant is responsible for developing communications strategies to support advocacy and resource mobilization objectives. S/he is responsible for timely, accurate and high-quality informational materials, such as graphic designs, photos, videos, visual stories from events and from the field, etc. The results have a substantial impact on the effectiveness of UN Women’s regional communications and outreach efforts, enhancing the visibility, raising awareness and understanding of UN Women and its mission, thus helping ensure UN Women achieves its strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Regional Communications Specialist, the consultant will:
Oversee the ROs web/online presence
- Oversee and manage regional social media accounts and web site, including developing design and content in line with corporate social media policy.
- Coordinate COs’ web-presence in the line with corporate web policy;
- Develop regional social media strategy for regional campaigns
- Write engaging, audience-friendly social media posts, ensure regular updates on social media and support with production of other content for social media
- Come up with creative and innovative ideas to maintain and drive communication and engagement with fans and followers
- Analyze social media analytics together with the communications team to support the expansion of UN Women’s reach over social media in the region
- Provide support in strategic planning, implementation of communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans for campaigns, international days and events:
- Develop or contribute to the realization and implementation of digital campaigns
- Contribute to the visibility of events, campaigns and key activities planned by WCARO and field offices (16 Days of activism)
- Develop and produce online communication and advocacy materials, including briefing materials, factsheets, press releases, articles and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels;
- Mobilize influencers/ opinion leaders for regional social media campaigns and initiatives in collaboration with regional and field colleagues
- Assist in preparing written materials, including, stories, articles, press releases, bout UN Women in the media,
- Keep the internal knowledge management tools up-to-date, including SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of advocacy materials in the regional office
- Assist in UN Women advocacy activities, including providing support to public events, coordinating visits of the Regional Director, including partners field visits and participating in other UN /UN Women advocacy initiatives;
- Support the development of communications assets with quality content such as infographics, fact-sheets, multi-media assets etc.;
- Contribute to the drafting and dissemination of the internal newsletters for UN Women staff and update the UN Women newsletter distribution/dissemination contact lists
- Any additional communication tasks defined by the supervisor
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organisation.
ey Performance Indicators
- Quality and relevant communications advocacy materials and content for the website and social media channels including human impact stories produced.
- Event covering and organized to best position UN Women mandate in the political crisis context
- Regular exchange of information between CO in the region as shown in the coherent and relevant regional public presence.
Regional social media strategy for the 16 days campaign
By november 10th 2023
Sustained visibility of programmes and UN Women’s work in the region:
Quality communications support to the thematic programmes’ key events
Developed partnerships with media and influencers to support UN Women’s programmatic advocacy goals
End of contract
Successful implementation of campaigns and international day commemorations:
UNiTE/16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence
Report on digital campaigns KPI’s
End of campaign
Sustained support to CO communications:
Stories, press releases, publications support
Social media strategy and content
End of contract
Final report about the key activities, progress and achievements performed during the period of performance.
End of contract
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong communication, networking and advocacy skills
- Ability to provide advice and be strategic and analytical
- Strong writing and multi-media skills (stories, content) for communication is required
- Web-based communication tools (social media, web design)
- Experience in the usage of web design software packages
- Excellent research, analytical skills;
- Demonstrated perfect fluency and ability to both write and edit without any additional editing being necessary.
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in communication, journalism, public relations or related areas
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Digital Communications, public relations, or advocacy
- Experience developing media content for development partners, governments, and civil society organizations internationally and in the field;
- Knowledge of gender equality and women´s empowerment
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing communication and media outreach strategies and plans in support of corporate goals
- Demonstrated experience of working in highlight complex humanitarian or crisis contexts will be essential
- Experience working with the UN is an asset; and
- Experience working in the region is an asset
- Fluency in French and English
- Knowledge of any other UN language will be an asset
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : jobs.undp.org.