Oxfam recruits 01 Logistics & Security Officer – Tindouf (Rabouni) (nationals only)
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam in Algeria has been active in the Saharawi refugee camps in Tindouf since 1975. Oxfam’s programme in the camps involves a combination of humanitarian (focusing on WASH and Food Security) and resilience interventions with policy and influencing work locally and globally. Oxfam has recently developed a series of new projects with complex operations involving diversified and large-scale procurement including water storage and supply equipment, agricultural products and technology, food supplies and procurement of sophisticated consultancy services. Additionally, it recently expanded its presence in the camps and established 5 sub-offices to support the projects. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Oxfam in Algeria is looking for a Logistics and Security Officer to join its team in the Sahrawi camps and lead the logistic support for the programme. The Logistics Officer will report to the Programme Manager and will work closely with the project leads.Our next Logistics and Security Officer will require a range of skills and experience enabling them to provide logistics & security support to it response in the Sahrawi camps. This position will be responsible for daily maintaining and implementation of logistics and supply processes/systems (i.e.purchasing, warehousing, assets and fleet) for Oxfam operations in accordance with Oxfam policies and procedures. S/he will report regularly on all Algeria office logistics and supply activities to the Finance and Support Manager.
Experience / Training
- 3 – 5 years of experience in: Logistics, purchasing, warehousing, vehicle management, general
- University Degree or equivalent experience in finance, management or related fields.
- Good understanding of core logistics functions
- Familiarity with donor rules and guidelines.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work
- Anticipates outcome of activities and takes initiative to achieve targets
- Actively promotes high standards and continuous improvement
- Continually seeks out most efficient use of resources
- Pro-actively adapts and improves standards and working practices
- Able to advise and train on specialist skills to other departments / teams
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English and Arabic – (French and/or Spanish would
be an asset).
- Proven ability to organise work effectively and supporting others
- Attention to detail, highly numerate and computer literate, including word processing, databases/
- Solid understanding and convictions of a rights-based approach and gender, and experience in the
- Experience of working with technical teams to develop complex proposals
- High analytical/negotiating/communication/inter-personal skills
- Ability to make effective, timely decisions and take prudent risks
- Ability to work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment and to work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units.
How to apply
Kindly send us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 20th July 2020 at the latest.
To view the full job description please see attachment.
Due to the urgency of the role we start reviewing applications before the close date, hence interested
candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.