African Union recrute 01 Communication Officer (AFREC)
Communication Officer (AFREC)
Location: Algiers – AFREC (Algeria), Algeria
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Executive Director – AFREC
Directorate/Department/Organ: African Energy Commission
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Algiers, Algeria
Purpose of Job
Support the implementation of the communication and advocacy Strategy and Plan and provide inputs into the design, management and implementation of the communication activities which are geared to influence the development agenda, promote public and media outreach and mobilise support for the programmes of the African Energy Commission (AFREC).
• Follows- up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan;
• Suggests new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research;
• Contributes to conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use;
• Sets the overall research direction of a relevant policy area;
• Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas;
• Participates in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders;
• Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets;
• Drafts reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division;
• Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
The Communication Officer’s duties and specific responsibilities are as follows:
• Communications Planning & Implementation
o Support the implementation of the overall communications and advocacy strategy and plan of AFREC and to contribute to the development and review of communication strategy, advocacy plans as well as support in internal and external communications and outreach targets
o Support in developing public awareness campaigns aimed at raising awareness about the AFREC’s work in the sector and monitor implementation of the campaigns
o Compile and present regular reports capturing all deliverables and achievements of the AFREC’s work in the sector
o Provide communication coverage of AFREC events
o Promote AFREC Strategic Plan/Masterplan
• Digital Marketing
o Contribute information to create awareness on digital platforms and ensure updates of key activities and messages are regularly provided
o Support content development on key mandates and programmes – Website, Social Media, Mobile Platforms
o Develop content for digital platforms including webcasts, podcasts, video animations / documentaries as per approved plans
o In collaboration web teams manage two-way messaging on social media platforms in relation to sectoral issues and propriety areas for departments, organs and institutions
• Media Engagement and Advocacy
o Identify opportunities for placement of key messages and editorial content on various media channels including digital in relation programmes implemented by AFREC
o Support advocacy and project activities by preparing talking points, fact sheets, newsletter, brochures, leaflet and briefing notes, on key activities and programmes
o Provide editorial content for publications
o Prepare press releases, note to editors as well as any briefings to be disseminated to the public through the media in relation to programme areas
o Work with Web teams as well as the AFREC divisions to ensure coverage of AFREC events and ensure records of material are assigned references and digitally archived.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or the Director of Information and Communication.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, International communications, Journalism, Marketing or in other related field with five (5) years of relevant professional work experience at national, regional or international level or in corporate marketing, public relations or media industry out of which two (2) years of experience should be at supervisory level.
A Master’s Degree in Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, International communications, Journalism, Marketing or in other related field with two (2) years of relevant professional work experience at national, regional or international level or in corporate marketing, public relations or media industry out of which two (2) years of experience should be at supervisory level.
• Professional certification / diploma in marketing or public relations will be an added advantage
• Additional level of academic qualification in Communication, Journalism or related fields will be an advantage.
• Experience developing and implementing communication activities for national government or public sector, regional or international government or non-governmental organisations, multinational organisations, advertising agencies or leading media companies will be a distinct advantage.
• Oral and written communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Ability to successfully manage ambiguity
• Ability to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitivity
• Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
Teamwork and Collaboration..
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
Communicating with Influence:
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (48% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 18,547.20 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than 11:59pm (EAT) June 16, 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1822POSTULER
Laisser un Commentaire