INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Admin and Finance Coordinator
Duty station: Tunis with frequent trip to Libya
Starting date: 07/01/2020
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission and Regional Finance Coordinator
Supervision of: to be defined
Dependents: to be defined
General context of the project
More than seven years after the revolution in Libya, hundreds of thousands of people across the country live in dire conditions. To respond to the urgent humanitarian needs for 552,000 most vulnerable people living in Libya, the United Nations launched the 2019 Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP2020), seeking US$202 millions to continue providing health support, protection, water, and shelter. Many thousands of families are unable to afford food, water and basic household items, and forced to take desperate measures just to get through these difficult times. An estimated 823,000 people, including 248,000 children ,require urgent humanitarian assistance in Libya. Hundreds of thousands of refugees and migrants face grave human rights violations and abuse in the absence of rule of law.
Intersos is currently registered in the country in Libya and Tunisia and is now called to smooth implementation of intervention in many sectors and in expansion from Tripoli to the South in a regional approach that include Niger and potentially other northern African countries.
At the moment Intersos is partner of UNICEF for the launch of a new model of intervention in Child Protection with the Baity Model Approach for Child Protection in Tripoli and in the South and negotiations are at advanced stage with other International donors (EU, HCR, Private Fundations, WFP). Furthermore, INTERSOS is present in Tunisia and is trying to expand its activities in the country.
General purpose of the position
The Admin and Finance Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization and Donors procedures.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the Country Finance Manager and the Head of Mission;
- To manage the bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Coordinator with monthly bank statements and bank reconciliations;
- To update the economic and financial status of the mission and related-projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota);
- To update Libya and Tunisia Mission Forecast and Recovery tool;
- To provide on weekly basis the updated economic and financial data (PN) to the Project Manager’s, the Head of Mission and Regional Finance Coordinator;
Budget preparation and control:
- To provide support to the Head of Mission, Programme Coordinator and Project Managers in the drafting of new projects;
- To regularly check, in collaboration with the Project Managers and Head of Mission, the economic-financial performance of projects: final balance, expenditure excess, expenditure projections, and financial forecast;
- To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spend in accordance with INTERSOS and donors rules and regulations, and support annual auditing procedures;
- To prepare and verify, in cooperation with the Head of Mission, the trend of the general coordination’s budget;
- To monitors the sustainability of coordination’s office and verify the correct distribution/allocation of the general coordination costs to the projects; to monitor the coordination and projects’ non-deductible costs;
Financial reporting and audit compliance
- To prepare the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Regional Finance Coordinator for approval,
- To prepare and carry out the audits conducted in both countries, and for the transmission to the central headquarter of all project documents to be audited in Italy;
- Ensure eligibility of all expenses;
- Ensure compliance with all INTERSOS and donors regulation related to Finance and Human Resources, and communicate it proactively with other departments;
- To ensures the correct filing of all projects’ data;
- To ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and conformity to INTERSOS and donors procedures;
- Ensure adequacy with Libyan and Tunisian ministries national reporting and accounting standards for INGOs,
Confidentiality and accountability
- Ensure maintaining high confidentiality of information, up to date documents, including processes and verification.
- In coordination with the Head of Mission (HoM) and the HR Admin and Finance Manager , S/He Ensures National Staffs Internal Regulations are respected and in line with INTERSOS standards and with the local Labour Law. Ensure Organizational chart and National Staffs Salary grid is up to date.
- Ensure staff payroll, Health Insurance and Tax calculation is prepared accurately by HR officer. Follow-up of the National and International Staffs annual leaves
- Supervise the HR Admin and Finance Manager in the HR recruitment process, appraisal process and induction process is performed as per INTERSOS guidelines, with support of Head of Mission
- With the support of the HR Admin and Finance Manager , guarantee that all personnel dossiers are kept in order and updated (e.g. contract of employment, contract’s amendment, CV, national id, pictures, disciplinary measures, leave requests and justifications resignation letters)
- Supervise the finance/admin team members, provide support and training, promote a friendly and professional working environment, and ensure staff development and learning environment.
- Ensure that the finance/admin team performance appraisals are reviewed regularly and conducted as per INTERSOS HR policies and procedures.
- Advocate and plan for professional development of the finance/admin team
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for finance/admin team to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Proactively engage with supervisor and key staff.
- Proactively support Regional Finance Coordinator and HR Admin and Finance Manager as needed.
- Proactively coordinate and communicate with Management staff.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with your supervisor to develop working networks to seek advice where needed.
Expériences / Formation
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in finance, business administration or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in emergency and humanitarian, in field locations as well.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, the humanitarian system and its flexibility, donors and their high demanding, security and financial management in humanitarian context.
- Computer (excel) and admin/finance skills.
- Donor compliance and reporting.
- Highly able to keep confidentiality.
- Able to work independently.
- People Management and Leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
- English Language is mandatory
- French is desirable
- Arabic Language is a plus
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work and adapt in different environments
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-52-1271 – Admin and Finance Coordinator – Lybia”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.