Détail de l’annonce 000-RÉA-LWO-5015
Rehabilitation Technical Coordinator – Libya
Pays : Libye
Ville : Tripoli, Libya with visits to Misrata and Benghazi; visits to Tunis, Tunisia as required
Date de prise du poste : 01/08/2019
Durée de la mission : 6 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 26/07/2019
Référence de l’annonce : 000-RÉA-LWO-5015
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.org
Since 2014, HI’s Libya mission was managed remotely from neighboring Tunisia. In mid-2018 HI began a phased redeployment of international staff, with 5 out of 9 expatriates now formally based in Libya. Regular and programmed visits are required by all other international staff to Libya to support programme activities and ensure a close follow up and training of national staff. Ultimately, all international staff should be relocated to Libya during the course of 2019.
As a result of the conflict and instability, the collapse of the health services has considerably reduced assistance towards the most vulnerable, in particular persons with disabilities. HI is currently implementing a humanitarian programme from operational bases in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi with the following activities:
• Provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support for persons with disabilities/injuries, distribution of assistive devices as required;
• Capacity building, technical support and donations of assistive devices and/or materials and equipment to health partners (hospitals, rehabilitation centres and local NGOs);
• Training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers;
• Provision of Risk Education to conflict affected communities on the risks and effects caused by mines and explosive remnants of war (ERW) and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) to locate and destroy ERW in targeted communities;
• Support to the Libyan Mine Action Centre (LibMAC) and other ministries in developing a victim assistance strategy and action plan for 2019.
In addition, beginning in early 2019 HI is implementing a three year project entitled ‘Action for Mental Health Assistance in Libya’ (AMAL) as part of wider initiatives to improve the access and quality of health care services in Libya. Implemented in partnership with a Tunisian NGO, the specific objectives of the project are as follows:
• Psychosocial distress, mental health and substance abuse in Libya is reduced;
• Expanded access, availability and acceptability to quality psychosocial support and mental health care;
• Training and upskilling of Libyan mental health staff;
• Greater awareness about the risks and manifestations of mental illness and substance abuse amongst at-risk groups in Libya.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
1) Rehabilitation Technical Support
• Provide support and supervision to the Rehabilitation Technical Supervisor in the delivery of technical theoretical and practical training internally for HI’s physiotherapists and externally to partners. Provide training directly to counterparts as required.
• Support the review and adaptation of information, education and communication materials used in the projects.
• Provide technical input and validation of rehabilitation equipment used within the projects.
• Support the Operations Coordinator and Project Managers in identifying learning needs of technical field staff and designing and implementing appropriate training plans to address identified needs, including design of training materials.
• Ensure the safety and technical quality of interventions implemented by the Rehabilitation team through monitoring the team on the field and through case studies.
• Ensure HI technical approaches are respected.
• Develop/adapt tools needed for the project team to provide quality care.
• Provide technical support to the management team to monitor the activities
2) Support to the program strategy
• Ensure the technical relevance and quality of HI’s intervention related to your field of expertise, conduct quality assurance visits with the field teams and ensure timely reporting of findings and recommendations.
• Support in ongoing assessments of needs, gaps and resources regarding the health sector in the country, in particular in the field of physical and functional rehabilitation. Analyse assessment findings to inform programme strategy and new areas of intervention for the programme.
• Support needs assessments relevant to your technical area of responsibility to inform new projects.
• In close collaboration with the MHPSS Technical Coordinator, ensure the implementation of the integrated approach to rehabilitation of persons with disabilities and injuries.
• Keep abreast of contextual developments in Libya and provide technical recommendations for strategy development or reorientation within your area of expertise.
• Contribute to strategy development in your area of expertise.
3) Representation and external coordination
• Representation of HI towards national and local authorities regarding your technical area of responsibility.
• Represent HI at the Health Working Group and other related forums, and ensure HI’s participation in inter-agency initiatives related to your field of expertise.
• Ensure coordination and coherence of the programme’s health intervention amongst local and international actors, avoiding duplication and promoting complementarities.
4) Line/team Management
• Support the Rehabilitation Technical Supervisor
• Contribute to the effective management of the Rehabilitation operational team members from a technical perspective, in collaboration with their direct line management.
• Contribute to donor reports as requested.
• Contribute to project reviews and lessons learnt
PROFIL ATTENDU :
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
Certified Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with minimum 4 years’ practical experience
Experience designing and delivering training and implementing capacity building plans
At least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian context
Experience in both development and emergency / protracted conflict / chronic crisis settings
Familiarity with humanitarian coordination mechanisms working with national systems of services (from Ministries to decentralized services)
Strong team management and capacity building skills
Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills (strong abilities to work with a variety of partners)
Strong computer skills (use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other relevant software)
Fluency in oral and written English
High level of autonomy and initiative
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
Excellent communication skills and commitment to team work;
Ability to work in a tensed and volatile context with strict security measures