Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Since 2011, ACTED has been providing humanitarian aid and has supported civils society and local governance building throughout Libya, from its offices in Tripoli and Benghazi, as well as Tunis. The NGO responds to the humanitarian challenges faced by the country and supports displaced people, who are particularly vulnerable in the current context. . Under its Civil Initiatives Libya banner, ACTED is also offering capacity building, grants, and networking opportunities to civil society and local governance actors. Community resilience is further enhanced with the capacity building of social enterprises.
You will be in charge of
- Act as key ACTED representative on education
- Ensure external representation of ACTED in education sector, vis-à-vis country and local authorities, other project stakeholders, donors and partners
- Participate in and report (internally) on education technical and sectoral meetings, clusters and working groups involving all relevant stakeholders such as donors, NGOs, UN Agencies, inter-governmental institutions
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, i.e. NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, and government counterparts who are working on eduction
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Collect and analyse primary and secondary data related to the education sector in the country;
- Analyse the activities in the sector and relevant stakeholders
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations through regular visits and literature review, and through the design and implementation of relevant needs assessments in close collaboration with AMEU
- Lead education project conceptualization workshops
- Provide technical inputs into proposal design and ensure new or adapted projects for the education sector focus on maximizing efficiencies, impact and integrated approaches
2.Internal Technical Support and Coordination
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent education strategy across ACTED’s areas of intervention
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across the different education projects by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning
- Brief Project Managers about main education issues, and updating them on a regular basis.
- Organize internal education meetings on a monthly basis.
- Define education project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization)
- Lead the development of all technical tools related to education projects (ToRs for consultants and evaluators, ad hoc reports, capitalization reports…);
- Analyse the appropriateness, adequacy and potential impact of all interventions in the education sector based on known contexts and needs
- Provide technical support to the Project Managers and other education staff to implement the ACTED education projects to a high quality standard;
- Liaise with education technical staff on a regular basis to ensure technical assistance is provided to projects when needed
- Disseminate tools, research, best practices and lessons learned internally and externally through publications, networks, working groups, events, and conferences.
Staff Capacity Building
- Participate in the recruitment and training of education sector staff members
- In coordination with Project Managers identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development opportunities appropriate to the skill gaps and needs
- Provide training to projects teams on ACTED activities and education best practices
- Develop training material for different trainings to share within the education project teams
- Develop capacity-building programmes for local actors (including partner NGOs and relevant local services providers) on education
Experience / Training
- Degree in relevant field of expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation on the field, preferably in an international context;
- Being a strong team player;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Ability to coordinate and manage staff and project activities;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Fluent English skills required;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience is an asset.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Please send your application including cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org under