Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2017, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 20 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
We are looking for: A GRANTS COORDINATOR – LIBYA
The situation in Libya continues to deteriorate. The ongoing conflict continues to break down the infrastructure and systems of a country already heavily affected by conflict since the downfall of Ghaddafi in 2011. Today nearly one million people out of a population of 6.6 Million have sort of significant humanitarian need. Of that population in need only 300,000 have so far been reached in 2019; with particularly significant holes in the provision of health care (primarily for a resident population) and protection (primarily for migrants and refugees). Humanitarian operations in the country are both difficult to operate and significantly underfunded (with only 70 million dollars of the 200 million dollars requested in this year HRP now funded – and the US / EU making up 75% of that funding). In this increasingly complex environment with increasing needs, Action Against Hunger seeks to bring its’ expertise to Libya over the next year; to build an effective and sustainable presence to help the most vulnerable in this forgotten country.
Length of contract: 3 months, starting on the 1st of April
In a context of mission opening, you will set up the grants coordination function for a our new mission in Libya
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
- setting up of basic grants coordination functions
- Mapping out key opportunities
- Working in collaboration HQ technical advisors to submit proposals for funding
Do you fit with the position?
- You have previous experience working in insecure circumstances
- You have at least 3 years minimum of experience of grants and/or project management experience
- You have the ability to work indenpendenly with a flexible and small structure
- You should be able to travel to both Tunisia and Libya and be flexible to adapt to different phase of development first based in Paris, then Tunis and finally Libya.
- Fluency in English written/spoken is compulsory as well as French and Arabic if possible
Unique experience to build the access strategy of a mission, in an evolving and dynamic context
Status: Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2450€ to 2800€ upon experience.
- + 450€ of country allowance
- Per diem and living allowance: net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Opportunity of coaching or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.