World Vision (wv) recruits 01 Project Team Leader
Project Team Leader – (Schools Rehabilitation)
Fixed term, Full-time
International Role – No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Less Than 1 Year
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Title: Project Team Leader – (Schools Rehabilitation)
Reports to: Response Team Leader
Direct Reports: Shelter Officers, Field Officers, LMMS/ Database Officer
Purpose of the Position
As part of the World Vision Zimbabwe Cyclone Response team, provide leadership and management support to the ECHO Project Consortium and ensure that all aspects of the ECHO project to include Shelter and Cash aspects are implemented in line with the set standards and objectives. Emphasis will focus on quality cash programming, shelter as well as Consortium coordination within the framework of World Vision Zimbabwe (WVZ) Cyclone Response Strategy.
||End Results Expected
||Provide Consortium Leadership to 2 Consortium members and Consortium Programme Management
- Coordinate with ECHO Desk Office and WV Support Offices
- Lead in key technical areas, including Design, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Influencing key internal and external stakeholders for country humanitarian action
- Ensure streamlined and adherence to humanitarian standards in the area of work
- Contributing to donor objectives
||Provide Leadership in the design & implementation of ECHO Project within WVZ
- Work closely with both project & Shelter Officers & Consortium Partners on ensuring implementing, monitoring, accounting and reporting of the Cash & E-voucher project is done as per donor and World Vision requirements.
- Ensure all Shelter aspects are implemented in accordance with Shelter Cluster Guidance and according to Sphere Standards
- Ensure that the project is implemented as per approved project design, log frame and plan of action. Ensuring staffs have a full commitment to set out duties for successful implementation as per schedule with quality reporting and correct documentation
- WV Shelter and Infrastructure programs are meeting international and internal best practice.
- To support project staff, and district teams in planning, implementing, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design
- Ensure programme compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
||Develop collaborative internal and external relationships
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships ECHO , WV Support Offices with other departments within the National office an Response
- Actively participate in the department leadership team, supporting the development and delivery of the response strategy
- Collaborate with Cluster Coordinators and actively participate in clusters and working groups (CWG).
- Develop and maintain relationships with, the host government, donor agencies , UN agencies and other NGOs to influence these bodies and promote WV’s lead contribution in the humanitarian field
||Assessment & Design
- Initial and sector specific assessments completed and data analysed to guide programming decisions in programming areas.
- Do no harm/LCP, gender, humanitarian protection mainstreaming and disability are considered in assessment and design.
- Identification of program implementation areas and appropriate interventions based on assessed needs.
- Strategy developed with an integrated focus to meet the needs of the affected community, particularly for women and children.
- Project/grant proposals and budgets are written in conjunction with the programs, finance and P & C teams based on assessed need and capacity of the program to deliver quality.
- Donor engagement on technical issues for grant acquisition.
||Financial & Budget Management
- Financial expenditure for project activities tracked in conjunction with programs and finance team, and in compliance with WV financial and donor standards.
- Operational and grant budgets are developed in conjunction with finance.
- Monthly cash projections are prepared and submitted to operations in a timely manner.
- Purchases and requisitions are completed as per budgets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
-A degree in Civil Engineering, social sciences/development related field and/or construction. Technical expertise, particularly in design and implementation of projects experience in the sector of relief or development, with some expertise in project management and implementation.
-Humanitarian competencies including standards (Sphere, HAP, IASC guidelines etc.).
-5 years large scale shelter, infrastructure or construction program management and contract management experience.
-Effective in written and oral communication experience working in an office environment and able to use a computer (word for windows excel software) and email is essential.
-Demonstrated experience and understanding of contract management including tendering and subcontracting.
-5 years proven experience in emergency programmes or social development with at least 2 years of that experience in cash and CFA programming.
-Strong project management background.
-Experience in liaison and coordination with government, multilateral and bilateral donors on the design and implementation of shelter and infrastructure programs.
-Demonstrated experience in managing complicated construction programs over $1 million in multiple implementation locations.
-Management of integrated community based shelter and construction programs.
-Training skills and Team management skills.
-Experience in project monitoring, reporting and accounting.
-Experienced in community mobilization and the ability to manage meetings with community leader’s faith based leaders, government officials, NGOs and other stakeholders (ensuring gender balance in participation). Interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
-Experience in community development, MBA an added advantage.
-Office environment: 50 %typical office and 50% field based.
-Travel: Domestic and International travel is required.
-On call: During normal working hours unless there is an emergency