World Vision recrute 01 Partnership Leader – Faith & Development
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (country or US state) where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To lead the Faith and Development function Partnership wide to achieve our mission and vision and drive Our Promise 2030 strategic imperative to live out our Christian faith and calling with boldness and humility by:
- Modeling, leading & supporting through excellence in promotion of the World Vision way, setting strategic priorities, developing global capabilities, global stewardship and providing technical excellence through all our organisational and ministry practices. Ensuring faith becomes a seamless part of all World Vision’s response to the poor, oppressed and most vulnerable children, and is a thought leader influencing the thinking and practices of faith and development in the humanitarian industry.
- Inspiring and positioning the World Vision Partnership to be a thought leader demonstrating our Christian faith convictions on humanitarian issues impacting the most vulnerable children through various faith partnerships in relief, development, advocacy and fundraising.
- Influencing, inspiring and equipping leaders and staff to be credible witnesses to Jesus Christ with integrity of life, relationships and highest standards of performance. Living, articulating and celebrating our Christian faith in diverse, uniting and joyful ways, with deep respect for all staff of other faiths and views as an expression of our Christian faith.
- To represent World Vision externally to major stakeholders including Faith leaders – Christian and non-Christian.
- To ensure our ministry imperative models and approaches integrate our Faith and Identity which clearly provides evidence of the effectiveness of our ministry.
- Provide stewardship of the Partnership key Board policies pertaining to our Faith and Identity.
- The role presents the organisation at key internal meetings, such as PRC and Board, and externally.
- Provide leadership to all Faith & Development departments ensuring strategies are aligned and integrated into every area of our ministry as well as our 2030 global strategy (Our Promise).
Faith Advocacy & External Engagement:
- Provide leadership to FA&EE team and ensure strategies are aligned internally and able to position World Vision as a compelling thought leader with credible evidence of impact and strong faith foundations in the field of relief, development and advocacy.
Programming & Impact:
- Ensure strategic alignment and Faith integration into all ministry sectors including: development, disaster management, advocacy and marketing to ensure faith has become a seamless part of all World Vision’s response to the poor, oppressed and most vulnerable children.
- Position World Vision as a thought leader influencing the thinking and practice of faith & development in the humanitarian industry.
Faith, Nurture & Leadership Formation:
- Ensure the development of leadership programmes that equip leaders to influence, inspire and equip staff of to live out, articulate and celebrate our Christian faith in diverse, uniting and joyful ways, with deep respect for staff of other faiths and views as an expression of our Christian faith convictions.
Leadership support to Faith & Development (F&D) teams across Partnership:
- Provide leadership to the F&D team at the GC level and support F&D leadership at the Regional & National levels.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of Master’s Degree (Doctoral Degree highly preferred) in theology or religion demonstrating highly developed research and critical thinking skills with proven success in providing thought leadership internally and externally in various partnerships.
- Knowledge and ability to integrate faith and calling into various sectors such as Health, Nutrition, Education, WASH, Child Protection and project models.
- Knowledge and understanding of current humanitarian issues both at national and global level.
- Minimum of 10 years of managing and equipping senior leadership at a national and/ or global organisation with demonstrated ability in visionary and strategic thinking as well as effective execution.
- Has passionate commitment to the mission of working with the poor and the oppressed with demonstrated critical thinking capacity.
- Outstanding reputation as a person with high ethical behavior (recognition of good behavior reflecting our faith convictions), relationships and performance at work.
- Ability to understand, appreciate and work with different cultures and faith traditions.
- Grounded understanding in our development/relief/advocacy programming as well as in providing thought leadership both at national and global level.
- A servant and learning attitude.
- Demonstrated Christian maturity and ability to shape the organizational Christian identity.
- Experience with Global Forums/Platforms as an authoritative moral voice working on faith & child Well Being issues.
- World Vision experience is highly desireable.
- A minimum of 40% international travel is required.