World Vision recrute 01 HUB Communication Manager
(Mali-Mauritania & Niger)
|Entreprise/Structure: World Vision International
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 14-02-2017
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
HUB Communication Manager (Mali-Mauritania & Niger)
Location: Africa – Senegal
Application Deadline Date: 14-Feb-17
Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role: No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Duration: 1-2 Years
Position: HUB Communication Manager (Mali-Mauritania & Niger)
Reports to: World Vision Mali-Mauritania ND, matrixed to the regional communications Director
Provides supervision to: National Communications Specialist
Location: Depending on successful candidate citizenship
Purpose of the position:
To provide strategic communications direction and support to World Vision designated Hub al, through the management of communications and public engagement programed that effectively describe and promote the organization’s visibility, mission and impact to children, communities, staff and supporters, partners and diverse audiences who need to be informed and engaged in the ongoing ministry of WV designated Hub.
Defend the organizational practices of child protection, especially not to recruit children for the WV projects, report cases of abuse made by members of staff or other persons, etc.
Lead the development and implementation of an integrated communications strategy and annual operating plan aligned to organizational priorities for outreach, income and impact.
Develop and deliver a staff engagement communications strategy to ensure staff and volunteers across WV Mali-Maritania & Niger and the partnership at large are informed and engaged with the organisation’s work.
Manage the planning and production of compelling and issues-oriented fundraising, advocacy and publicity materials (web-based, electronic, print, photo and video content) for effective donor and public engagement by WV Mali-Maritania & Niger — both in-country and internationally, and in collaboration with other World Vision Offices and stakeholders.
Ensure that stories, photos and other materials are produced to quality and branding standards required for informing, educating and engaging donors and publics via Partnership websites, magazines, adverts, donor appeals, media releases and other communications channels and outlets.
Oversee proactive in-country media engagement to generate proactive and positive news coverage as well as opportunities to raise the visibility of World Vision Mali-Maritania & Niger.
Prepare and position the designated Hub National Directors for important media opportunities and interviews that promote and protect the public image and ministry of World Vision, while raising public awareness on key issues of poverty and justice.
Support advocacy campaigns by engaging the media to gain exposure and credibility, managing media sensitivities and risks, and increasing public discussion and fundraising.
Cultivate and strengthen relationship with the media, and meet their evolving needs to increase positive coverage of World Vision
Act as a media spokesperson for World Vision, adhering to Global Media Engagement Guidelines and Public Policies and Positions
Monitor and assess current affairs for opportunities and risks with local and broad Partnership impact, and manage them according to local crisis and risk management protocols, and Partnership policy on Coordinated Global Communications Reputation and Crisis Management
Ensure National Office adherence and alignment to Partnership communications policies, protocols, standards and branding
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
1. A degree or equivalent in journalism or communications/public relations.
2. At least five years professional experience in journalism or public relations is preferred.
3. Sound understanding and experience in media relations, donor and public communications, emergency communications, advocacy communications and internal communications
4. Experience in team management and demonstrated ability to strategically plan and deliver.
5. English language fluency (written and verbal).
6. Excellent writing skills, with photographic and/or video skills also preferred.
7. An energetic, analytical and self-starting approach to projects that involve significant responsibility.
8. General experience in project management, with specific experience in the production of diverse and creative communications projects including publications, multi-media, websites/pages, photo and video reports, etc.
9. Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
10. Able to travel and work in the field as an essential function of the position.
11. Strong commitment to World Vision’s vision, mission and core values.
12. All media and social media guidelines and internal documentation and policies (i.e. image guidelines)
13. How World Vision operates internally and how content is shared across the Partnership
14. World Vision’s risk related issues Partnership-wide
15. Local World Vision’s priorities and Partnership strategy
16. Trends in media relations and social media
17. World Vision’s media relations
18. What content works on which platform and which platforms are ‘home’ to World Vision’s target audiences
19. Audience’s behaviours and needs on different social platforms
20. Technology aspects and know-how of different social media platforms and how best to leverage them for World Vision
21. World Vision’s external global engagements and campaigns
22. Social Studio and other tools used to measure media and social media
23. Marketing and Communications
Attitude and Behavior:
World Vision reserves the right to disqualify a candidate who has any record relating to child abuse or opposite behavior to child protection, even after the hiring.
*Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. World Vision does not concern itself with information on bank accounts.