Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Regional Food Systems Advisor*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Monrovia, Liberia.
As Regional Food Systems Advisor with Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Liberia, you will provide service-oriented program and project support through capacity-building and short-term consultancy services in the field of food systems. In doing so, you will actively contribute to the development, promotion and maintenance of food systems specific guidelines and standards for programs and projects.
- Building/strengthening capacities of WHH´s Country Offices (CO’s) and local partner organisations in West-/Central Africa and the Caribbean on
- WHH´s food systems programming approach
- operationalization of a country specific food systems framework
- systemic interventions such as assessments and analyses, design, adaptive program management, MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning) through trainings, workshops, hands-on support and advisory
- Capacity building based on existing and upcoming guidance documents on food systems produced by WHH’s Sector Strategy, Knowledge & Learning Unit
- Advising CO’s and project offices in the planning and implementation of food systems assessments and design options towards systemic change, including technical support on proposal development, implementation, and evaluation in cooperation with WHH’s MEAL-Team
- Facilitating learning on food systems programming within WHH’s CO’s in West-/Central Africa and the Caribbean (at program and project level) and cross-regionally
- Contributing to continuously revise and sharpen upcoming and existing guidance and strategy documents on food systems (frameworks, programming-toolkits etc.) based on experiences gained from practical applications and interactions with the CO’s
- Presentation of WHH´s food systems work in West-/Central Africa and the Caribbean and share sector relevant experiences with private donors, supporters and members of WHH upon request
- Compilation, assessment, interpretation, and communication of specific food systems-related key-data for internal and external use
- A relevant university/polytechnic degree or qualification that are commensurate with this position
- Profound experience in facilitating and setting up systemic change processes
- Field experience in the agriculture and markets sector as well as in facilitating multi-stakeholder processes
- Practical experience in emergency response or in a post-conflict environment
- Familiarity with systemic methods for conducting assessments, analyses, and mapping stakeholders and influences into a system for adaptive program management
- Strong understanding of systemic MEAL systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Familiarity with global, regional and national food systems networks
- Sound skills in training and mentoring ability to work in multicultural teams
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s program countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under « Our benefits ».
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 29, 2023 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Laisser un Commentaire