The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
As Head of Project you will be responsible for the operative implementation of a food security project in Syria funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. The project has to be remote controlled together with implementing partners. You will be responsible for coordinating, planning and implementing the project according to Welthungerhilfe standards and regulations.
- Correct and timely reporting to the donor and Welthungerhilfe Country Office
- Budget Control and Budget monitoring, examining and signing of end-of-month-accounts
- Attending and advocating in UN/NGO Cluster Meetings
- Mainstreaming nutrition and protection in project implementation
- Staying in close contact with Head of Security and Welthungerhilfe staff in Gaziantep regarding security developments and necessary adjustments
- Capacity building of implementing partner staff: Finance Management traninings, Best practices in M&E, SPHERE, CHS
- Improving linkages with national organisations/NGOs
- Liasing with current and potential future donors present in Turkey (Gaziantep, Ankara, Istanbul)
- Assisting in further programme and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Programme Department and Country Director
- Appointing, managing, and providing guidance to local staff
- A university or polytechnic degree or qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- 3 to 5 years of project and management experience in implementing projects of international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region, and ideally experience with using German Federal Foreign Office guidelines
- Work experience in a humanitarian context, the management of complex aid measures, as well as very good analytical skills for assessing the humanitarian and security-relevant situation
- Familiarity with FSL, Shelter, NFI and WASH sectors
- Cooperation skills and ability to work in a team
- A very good knowledge of written and spoken English, local language skills are an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 23, 2020. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.