The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
As Head of Project you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of protection activities and related cash-programmes of Welthungerhilfe in the project region according to the prescribed content, organizational, temporal and financial framework. The Project is funded by the German Foreign Office and aims to provide immediate assistance to suffering, under-served refugee communities under temporary protection, by offering one-time seasonal support, distribution of cash support for essential non-food items (NFIs) including shelter support, emergency shelter rehabilitation, case management through individualized assessments, legal counseling and awareness raising sessions.
- Developing the project management system and also supervising the activities in the project areas of implementing partners
- Attending and advocating in relevant UN/NGO Cluster Meetings
- Liaising with local stakeholders and authorities, as well as with current and potential future donors present in the country
- Cooperating with Security Staff in Gaziantep regarding security developments and necessary adjustments
- Cooperating with the Welthungerhilfe Country Team and improving linkages with national organisations/NGOs
- Assisting in further programme and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Programme Department and Country Director
- Identification and examination of new project ideas in line with Welthungerhilfe’s strategy
- A university/university of applied sciences degree in social sciences or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
- At least 5 years of project and leadership experience for international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region and in the sector of protection and/or cash assistance
- Very good analytical skills for evaluating the humanitarian and security-related situation
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Co-operation and team skills
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Very good oral and written command of English, German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 26, 2020. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.