Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Expert Compliance*
The position is to be filled by January 1, 2022 with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Monrovia, Liberia.
As Expert Compliance you will ensure that Annual Compliance Plans are appropriate for the context and management requirements. You will work with Heads of Projetcs/Heads of Departments providing timely advice on donor, Welthungerhilfe (WHH) and local statutory regulations giving feedback on the effectiveness of the internal controls in place to ensure adherence to those regulations. In order to achieve this, you will have the overall responsibility across three broad mandates:
- Advise the Country Director and Senior management Team on the Country Office’s general compliance with Welthungerhilfe policies and procedures, donor contractual obligations and government regulations, to build the capacity of staff to enforce compliance
- Provide assurance support
- Manage sensitive complaints in line with the complaints response mechanism
- Preparing and sharing the local compliance risk map with the Country Director and Senior Management Team
- Developing and continually following up on annual compliance review plans covering all areas of risk which includes working with Heads of Project/Heads of Departments to analyze the potential risk in their activities, setting monitoring standards and following up to close the gap areas in the system
- Overseeing the development and roll out of in-country training materials in relation to Corporate Compliance ensuring that the materials are relevant to the context and developing an annual training plan that incorporates WHH Corporate Compliance rules/policies training for local staff
- Providing advice as necessary on partner agreements, procurement contracts and other operational agreements to ensure that they adhere to and account for all relevant WHH Corporate Compliance requirements
- Establishing and maintaining a robust system of Corporate Compliance documentation and controls and proposing improvements as necessary
- Reviewing implementing partner assessments, reviews, and other internal or external audit reports and ensuring any issues and action points for WHH or the partners to address are clearly documented and communicated with the relevant people in Welthungerhilfe
- Reviewing implementing partner assessments and other internal or external audit reports and ensuring that any issues or action points of WHH or partners need to address are clearly documented and communicated with the relevant people
- Establishing and maintaining a system for the management of Sensitive Complaints, working closely with the Legal and Compliance Department and the Country Director for the overall effectiveness of the Complaints Response Mechanism based on and interfaced with the local Complaints Response Mechanism
- A university or polytechnic degree, preferably in the areas of Business Administration, Finance/Accounting/Auditing or related discipline. ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Compliance and Assurance, auditing, risk management
- Proven experience of working with project-based activities is an advantage
- Proven experience in and knowledge of Corporate Compliance or risk management
- BMZ, EU and KFW donor experience is an asset
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risks and plan accordingly
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 31, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.