Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Expert Business Development*
The position is to be filled by January 1, 2022 with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Buchanan, Liberia.
Welthungerhilfe has been implementing relief and development projects in Liberia since 2003 with a focus on Agriculture, Inclusive Food Systems, Agri-business and Nutrition, Infrastructure supporting access to markets, Health System Strengthening and WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene). As Expert Business Development, you will manage the implementation of the “Increased entrepreneurship and access to finance to develop agriculture value-chains” component and ensure its integration with the other 5 components of the programme.
- Coordinating the overall implementation of the “Increased entrepreneurship and access to finance to develop agriculture value-chains” and aspects of market linkages components ensuring their integration with the other components of the programme
- Finalizing the recruitment of at least 10 start-ups to benefit from the programme’s entrepreneurial and business development package
- Designing and building capacity in business skills in areas such as financial management, marketing, sales, human resources, and networking for at least 30 agro-businesses
- Developing and implementing sustainable business model(s) with a prime focus of exploring additional access to finance or investment opportunities for at least 20 start-ups and 10 existing agro-businesses
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive coaching and mentoring package for 20 start-ups and 10 existing agro-businesses
- Developeing appropriate tools to monitor and track progress and performance of 20 start-ups and 10 existing agro-businesses
- A university or polytechnic degree, preferably in the areas agribusiness development, business administration and management, finance, or related discipline
- At least 5 years of job-related experience in business development and management, business coaching, business consulting, and value chain development
- Practice and experience in conducting training needs analysis, and delivering capacity building
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic methodologies for conducting market analysis and assessing the viability of small and medium-sized businesses.
- Demonstrated capability in value chain analysis and knowledge of livelihood and/or food security programming.
- Ability to plan, be strategic, take initiative and work independently
- Excellent spoken and written English, Arabic and/or German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 31, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.