Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Country Director Malawi*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Lilongwe, Malawi.
Welthungerhilfe’s country programme in Malawi focuses on improving the food and nutrition security situation of the country’s most vulnerable groups. Innovative methods (use of apps, social business) are used to address the issue of sustainable food security. The programme is financed by BMZ, EU and UNHCR with a regional focus on the south of Malawi.
As Country Director Malawi you will be responsible for the developoment and implementation of the country strategy and diversifying the institutional donor portfolio. Another focus of your work will be to realize the potential to work with the civil society according to rights-based and gender responsive approaches.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate programme activities with local decision-makers, partner organisations and other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the country
- Ensure efficient and reliable structures and processes that reflect decentralization and make it possible to facilitate, coordinate and improve project implementation
- Adhere to Welthungerhilfe’s quality standards with regards to compliance in mission and project implementation (Code of Conduct, Core Humanitarian Standards)
- Maintenance and expansion of cooperation with national and international partners
- Responsibility for expatriate and national project staff
- Elaborate and ensure a preparedness plan for disasters and potential crises on the basis of the country specific situation
- Observe, analyze and report on relevant trends in the programme country and the neighboring areas
- Regular exchange of information with the Head Offce in Bonn and other Country Offices
- A university or polytechnic degree in international development, international management, rural development, agricultural sciences or a comparable level of qualification
- At least 10 years of project management experience and relevant leadership experience in international humanitarian aid and development cooperation, preferably in the region
- Experience working with partner organizations
- Relevant knowledge of German, European and UN donor environment
- Excellent HR Management skills, ability to work in a multinational team, and intercultural sensibility
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 11, 2020. Your contact person is Ina Stepka.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, religion, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.