US Mission Dakar is seeking Safety Inspector
Entreprise/Structure: U.S. Mission DAKAR, SENEGAL
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 2 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 17-06-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : DakarRecruitment@state.gov
acancy Announcement Number: 2016- 053
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
POSITION: Safety Inspector
OPENING DATE: 6/03/2016
CLOSING DATE: 6/17/2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time 40 hours/ week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP- 8
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in DAKAR, SENEGAL is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Safety Inspector.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION :
The incumbent is assigned to the Facilities Maintenance Office and reports to the POSHO assistant for assigned duties. Incumbent is responsible for conducting safety inspections at all USG owned and leased properties, maintenance of all safety inspection reports, finding, and schedules. Is also responsible for maintenance of all safety supplies and for training of post personnel in appropriate, safe work practices.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: some college level training in engineering or industrial safety is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Two years as a safety inspector or Five years in a construction, maintenance, or engineering field at least two years of which must have had supervisory duties.
3. LANGUAGE: Must be fluent in English and French. Level 3 spoken and written English and French required (This will be tested.)
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have goods computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite. Must have drivers license.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have substantial knowledge of local and international building requirements and practices. Must have substantial knowledge of local safety regulations and requirements.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process.
Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: a non-sensitive security clearance.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above: (degrees, cover letter, work/residency permits etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Mailing Address: B.P 49
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation.
Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.