UNDP hires 01 Intern in for the Post- Ebola Recovery Programme
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 18 Juillet 2017
Description de l’offre
Location : Dakar, SENEGAL
Application Deadline : 18-Jul-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 7d 19h 5m
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required :English French
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 03-Aug-2017
Duration of Initial Contract : 3 months
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Governance and Peacebuilding Advisor and the overall supervision of the Platform Coordinator, the intern will perform, inter alia, the following tasks in support of the regional project.
Research and Data Management:
• To explore and generate technical inputs to the Governance,Peacebuilding and Recovery programmes;
• To support the development frameworks and indicators on governance, peace and security and recovery ;
• Perform policy-oriented research on governance, peace and security, economic governance, local governance and gender;
• Compile literature reviews on issues related to governance, peace and security, human rights and gender;
• Assist in preparing for events and staff travel pertaining to the project;
• Undertake research related? to donors intelligence both at regional and country levels.
Knowledge Management and Communication:
• Draft, review and edit concepts notes, knowledge products and presentations;
• Review and shape resources mobilization and partnership concepts;
• Participate in meetings and perform other support tasks as required.
The more specific focus will be decided in consultation with the intern taking into account his/her skills development interests.
• Good writing and researching skills;
• Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills;
• Good organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
• Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively.
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive / integrate feedback;
• Works collaboratively with team members by sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity;
• Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
• Positive and results-oriented attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
• Be ennrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
• Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
• Computer literate in standard software applications;
• Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose? and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
• Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
• Proficiency in French and English.
Conditions of the internship:
• UNDP will not pay for the internship; all expenses connected with it will be borne by the intern;
• UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
• Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern;
• All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institutions;
• The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
• Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
• Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
• Applicants should indicate which months they are available part- and/or full time and when they complete their studies;
The application should contain:
• Motivation letter specifying reasons why candidate is seeking the internship and what is expected from the experience;
• Recent Curriculum Vitae;
• Official letter from the University confirming enrollment and specifying expected graduation date (for students)
Please click on the link below to apply:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Click on the link below: