- She/he ensures the proper implementation, supervision, monitoring, reporting of the Irrigation, Animal health and infrastructure component activities of the project titled « Promoting Economic Revival for Microbusiness and Agriculture».
- She/he ensures that the project implementation at TGH level is coordinated and integrated in the global project at consortium’s level to ensure the global coherence of the action.
- Depending on field access and security , she / he conducts frequent field visits to plan and monitor the implementation of the activities
- In the case the access remains restricted because of Covid 19 or administrative issues, she/he develops relevant monitoring system and adapted management schemes to ensure remote control of the activities
- She/he maintains and develops relationships with the partners (private sector, technical Directorates, Mosul University, etc.)
Logistics and administration
- She/he makes sure that logistical, administrative and financial procedures linked to the project implementation are established and alerts her/his superiors if gaps are observed so that corrective action may be taken.
- She/ he anticipates the Logistics (procurements; purchase, vehicles, etc.), Administrative and Financial needs related to the project (recruitments, payments, cash requests, etc.) related to the project.
- She/he participates in by weekly Project Managers meeting and communicates regularly with the Program Coordinator.
- She/he communicates with the technical advisor at headquarters level on the project evolution, the technical problems faced, the potential risks and proposes solutions.
- She/he contributes to the Internal Coordination Report writing the part dedicated to the project.
- She/he is involved in providing relevant communication on the project (pictures, video, success stories etc.)
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator, she / he ensure regular communication with the lead consortium manager.
Representation and external coordination
- She/he represents the association as required with donors, partners, local authorities (Department of Agriculture, Department of Water Resources, Muktars, Mayors, etc.) and stakeholders involved in the implementation of the project.
- She/he especially maintains good relationship with other UN and NGO actors.
- She/he ensures regular presence in UN-led Food Security and Livelihoods clusters
- She / He assure the management of two deputies (agriculture and irrigation) including staff appraisals, follow-up of set objectives and capacity building.
- She / He builds the capacities of the deputies regarding HR management by supporting them if needed in the management of the three officers (agriculture, agribusiness and infrastructure) and the three supervisors (agriculture, livestock and irrigation).
- She / He builds the technical capacities of the team by informing them about relevant trainings, mobilizing experts or by organizing trainings by her/himself.
Reporting and MEAL
- She/he writes donor narrative reports and internal reports (TGH internal reports and consortium related reports).
- She / he is responsible of the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) of the project. She / He develops relevant tools (quantitative and qualitative surveys, post distribution monitoring,…) to monitor the progress and the quality of the project. She / He compiles and analyses the data and elaborates reports.
- She / He capitalizes on the lesson learnt and contributes to the development of SOPs.
- She / He updates the Monthly Follow Up tool and adapts it if necessary.
- She/he contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to the field coordinator.
- She/he participates/organizes need assessments according to the needs and mission strategy discussed with headquarters
- She/he contributes to the development of new interventions based on identified needs, especially linked to the FSL sectors and areas of the projects.
- She/he analyzes, collects relevant information linked to the FSL situation in the country and identifies key trends in collaboration with her/his colleagues and headquarters.
- She/he meets with potential local partners (NGOs).
Experience / Training
Educational background and experiences
- Postgraduate diploma in agriculture, agronomy, agricultural development or related field compulsory
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in the field as Project Manager in FSL projects
- Experience with the Market System Development (MSD) approach would be a strong asset
- Experience in conflict area / post-emergency contexts desired
- Ability to organize your work remotely
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
- Experience and willingness to work in complex and volatile environments
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of project cycle management and tools
- Management skills
- Skills in transfer of competences and capacity building
- Fluent English mandatory (oral and written); Arabic would be a strong asset
- Computer skills (including Excel and Word)
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Pro activity and flexibility
- Autonomy and sense of team working
Duration: 10 months – from January 2021
Conditions: Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €1’900 to €2’600 depending on experience, monthly per diem 650 USD, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to send a resume + a cover letter on our website’s HR page: www.trianglegh.org at the attention of Amandine Ruinart, Human Resources Officer.