AVSI recruits 01 Senior Accountant – Iraq
JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Accounting Department
PROJECT: Strengthening resilience in dealing with crises and conflicts in Ninewa (SRN)
REGION: Tal Afar
STARTING DATE: Asap
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Probation Contract & Fixed Term – Full Time
PERIOD: Asap until 31.12.2024 renewable based on availability of funds
SCHEDULE: 09:00 Am 05:00 Pm
REMUNERATION: USD 1,700 Net Salary
Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role and ensure timely closing and monitoring of Trial balance.
1- Maintaining accurate and updated records of all financial and accounting transactions.
2- Manage and oversee the entire accounting team
3- Conduct all necessary trainings to keep the team’s skills and knowledge up to date (Monitor and mentor/train junior staff, clerks, and bookkeepers)
4- Ensure that all necessary documents are requested, collected, and compiled
5- Develop accounting procedures specific to AVSI organization
6- Oversee the processing of payroll taxes, and other Taxes
7- Monthly closure of all financial and accounting transactions and providing all data requested for the financial reporting
8- Maintain compliance with all governmental regulations at all times
9- Prepare for and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit and appropriate closure
10- Coordinate with the heads of other departments to ensure smooth operation.
11- Perform any other duties within your area of competence, as requested by your supervisor.
- Minimum a BA (or equivalent) in accounting
- MA in accounting preferred
- Previous experience in accounting at a Mid-Senior Level
- Previous experience of team management and supervision
- Accounting, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Diligence, Financial Software.
- Excellent English
- Good communication skills
- Capable of working under pressure in a multitasking position.
- Microsoft office Skills, Research Skills, General Math Skills.
Please go on Avsi.org and apply.