INTERSOS recruits 01 Mental Health Activity Manager – Iraq
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Mental Health Activity Manager
Duty station: Telafar
Starting date: 16/01/2023
Contract duration: 10 months
Reporting to: Program Medical Referent
Supervision of: Not line managing, but mentoring and coaching health personnel at health facility level
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS, in partnership with SV (Stichting Vluchteling), is implementing an integrated Non-Communicable Diseases and Mental Health programme in Telafar from the beginning of 2020. The project supports the MoH/DoH NCD-MH department in one PHCC in Telafar town, with a program intended to reach the objectives of 3 strategic pillars:I
- integration of NCD and MH care at primary health care level.
- development of a robust set of quality data to confirm the effectiveness of this model of care.
- advocacy: increasing awareness of NCD-MH needs and gaps and using evidence-based data to advocate for this model to be replicated in other locations and countries.
General purpose of the position
- Supervise the development and implementation of all mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities in the project, ensuring that patients receive the most appropriate support and quality of care, from diagnosis, and treatment as well as referral to more specialized care for severe cases.
- Be the focal point at the PHCC level for clinical counseling capacity development on psychological interventions at the health facility level, in charge of training and supervising health staff.
- Ensure reliable and accurate patient documentation and data are collected, shared, and reported according to standards.
- Train a national staff member (to be recruited) to take over the position after 6 months.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Awareness Raising and Patient identification:
- Identify cases with mental or emotional disorders through patient screening at the health facility level and follow up/monitor the referred cases, both internal and external ones.
- Train the medical team and the CHW to identify and refer patients.
- Organize training to increase awareness around MHPSS within the team (health staff, CHWs).
- Support the INTERSOS Medical Activity Manager (MAM) to organize a mh_GAP training for all the health team and CHWs.
- Develop a referral pathway for patients in need of different levels of MH care (for patients coming from the community, from other members of the health team, from other actors).
Patient management for patients affected by mild to moderate MH conditions:
- Evaluate and assess the psychological condition of patients and engage in individual counseling using the WHO Problem Management Plus (PM+) in a culturally acceptable manner.
- train other health staff in performing PM+ and provide ongoing (weekly) on-site clinical supervision to empower the staff to run consultations autonomously in time. Training will also include topics such as effective communication, patient-medical staff relationship, and patient confidentiality.
Patient management for patients affected by severe MH conditions:
- Refer patients to the GP at the health facility, who will treat the patient in collaboration with a psychiatrist.
- Promptly identify potential medication side effects and flag them to the GP and psychiatrist.
- Perform regular clinical supervision of the staff performing counseling (one-to-one or group supervision, client files review-Data review, in-session observation, multi-disciplinary team meeting/case discussion).
- Set up the standard patient file provided and ensure it is updated regularly and kept according to confidentiality standards. Collaborate closely with the medical team, keeping MH patient psychological records separate from the medical record.
Data collection, monitoring, and reporting:
- Ensure a proper data collection system and establish a documented process on cases, maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent, and ensuring that data protection protocols are respected.
- Update the MH database and share monthly and quarterly reports as per standard templates according to deadlines
- Participate when possible in the MHPSS working group with the objective of sharing experiences, increasing awareness of the type of program, and creating a meaningful relationship with the key actor.
Expériences / Formation
- University degree in Clinical Psychology. Master’s degree in clinical psychology and or a psychiatry an added advantage
- Desirable: Training in mhGAP, training in WHO Problem management Plus PM+
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, including at least one year in NGO providing similar services
- A high degree of skill in psychological assessment and evaluation
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook) particular Excel and data management
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Demonstrated capacity-building experience in a context similar to Iraq
Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills
- Respect and adherence to protection principles
- Capacity to work under pressure, flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills and negotiation capacities
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/637238ff5e269e00215203e8
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Laisser un Commentaire