TDH recruits 01 Quality & Accountability Coordinator – Erbil, Iraq
Position Start Date: 01.01.2021
Duration: 12 months
Location: Erbil – Iraq
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh has been present in Iraq since 2014, starting with NFI distributions in Dohuk Governorate, and in October 2015 launched unconditional cash assistance with the support of Swiss Solidarity. Since, Tdh has expanded its presence in several programming areas both thematically and geographically, establishing a reputation and identity to be a specialized child protection actor in Iraq. Tdh is now present in eleven districts (Anah, Al-Qa’im, Haditha, Tal Afar, West and East Shirqat, Tikrit, Baiji, Hawija, Kirkuk and Tooz) across five Governorates (Salah al-Din, Kirkuk, Nineveh, Al-Anbar & Baghdad) with its coordination office based in Erbil. Given the Iraq context, needs, and the absence of aid actors, Tdh has adopted a NEXUS approach towards its Child Protection programming strategy by providing (1) emergency assistance in hard-to-reach and newly accessible areas with an integrated emergency response package; (2) strengthening community structures as a part of recovery; while (3) supporting the institutional systems and policy implementation as its development interventions. Tdh currently works with donor such as ECHO, OFDA, DRL, OCHA, UNICEF, MoFA of Switzerland, MoFA of the Netherlands, Swiss Solidarity.
Answering directly to the Delegation Head, the Quality and Accountability (Q&A) Coordinator manages the Q&A department. This department provides methodological and technical support to the delegation at different stages of the project, program & strategy management process by focusing on accountability and quality.
He/she designs and implements the delegation’s Q&A strategy and supervises all activities contributing to the Q&A of projects, programmes, and strategies, providing support to the teams and partners involved.
He/she ensures methods, tools and competencies are in place for the delegation to gather, validate, analyse, and present information on progress, achievements and impact to steer projects, programs, and strategy towards the intended goals.
He/she directly supports teams by performing situation analyses, designing intervention strategies, capitalizing on lessons learned and creating the necessary conditions to inform, involve and communicate with populations and actors affected by projects and programmes (accountability).
S/he ensures that ethical principles such as gender equality, fairness and “do no harm” are respected in projects and programmes, and in the overall organizations’ decision making processes.
S/he supports an institutional culture that encourages discussion, critical thinking, collective learning and teamwork.
- Leads the development and implementation of the delegation’s Q&A strategy in keeping with Tdh’s policy and orientations (in coordination with the Delegation Head).
- Takes responsibility for the quality of the methodological tools provided by the Q&A department to project/programme teams. Checks that conditions are suitable for their adoption by teams and monitors the progress of Q&A projects.
- Ensures projects, programmes and Q&A initiatives respect ethical principles such as gender equality, fairness and “do no harm”. Protects confidential data, applies the principles of informed consent, and protects children during the completion of projects in his/her area of expertise.
- Manages team members answering to him/her, from the recruitment phase to the end of their employment. Adopts good management practices in keeping with Tdh’s values. Applies the delegation’s staff management policy.
- Ensures the optimal allocation and proper management of his/her department’s resources (including financial, logistical, technical, and human resources). Monitors departmental budgets monthly.
- Supports staff in charge of MEAL tasks and ensures the quality of their contributions to project and programme teams.
- Ensures information management systems are in place to track activity progress, achievements against indicators, other data required by the donor, coordination bodies and management, overall project & program performance, beneficiary reach, progress on strategic KPI’s.
- Takes responsibility for building core Q&A competencies of his/her team, and of Tdh’s programme & project teams and partner organisations, by adopting structured trainings, coaching, and mentoring approaches as required. Constantly coordinating with zone & HQ based technical specialist on new developments and ensuring these are adopted by the delegation.
- University (Master) degree in relevant field;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the field of MEAL, with 3 years’ experience as a MEAL manager, and at least 2 years of international experience.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English, Arabic is an asset;
- Expertise in project cycle management, program & strategy cycles
- Knowledge of and professional experience in the children’s rights field (protection and health) in the humanitarian aid/development context
- Previous expertise working with programs / sectors such as child protection, WASH, cash, NFI, children in conflict with the law/ justice, livelihoods.
- Expertise in designing, planning, and implementing Q&A initiatives (situation analyses, planning, monitoring, evaluation, capitalizing on lessons learned, participation, communication, information management)
- Leadership skills and experience in managing multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to create a cooperative and collaborative environment
- Flexibility, availability, and adaptability
Expatriate contract under Swiss labor code 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4’300 CHF (~3’700 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JURSceJl?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage. We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418