Tdh recruits 01 BCC & Community Mobilisation Specialist – Iraq
Position Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 4 months
Location: Tal Afar – Iraq
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
In 2015, Tdh launched an integrated emergency WaSH, Child Protection and NFI response, following several waves of IDPs resulting from military operations to free Shirgat districts, as well as the South Mossul Corridor. Tdh with its 300 staff employees is currently implementing a 12 Million CHF emergency and rehabilitation program, throughout the country.
The specialist in community mobilisation and communication for behavioural change provides technical support to the teams in the implementation of community-based WASH projects. S/hee is notably in charge of the implementation of the RANAS model (Risks, Attitudes, Norms, Abilities and Self-regulation) and small-scale community-driven projects.
S/he will be based in Telafar with regular field project visit in rural areas of Sinjar and Telafar districts (Ninewa governorate). Depending on needs and requests, s/he may be required to travel to other Tdh bases (Kirkuk, Sherkat, Erbil) for support and training of teams in his/her area of specialization.
- Develop the necessary tools for the implementation of the RANAS model:
- Support operational teams to implement the first 3 phases of the RANAS model applied to foster behavioural changes related to WASH practices;
- Support the teams in the implementation of small-scall community-led WASH projects
- Provide technical support to the teams (including coaching and training) on the methodology for the implementation of hygiene promotion activities, behaviour change communication and community mobilisation.
- S/he is the technical guarantor for the quality of the interventions carried out in his/her field of intervention
- S/he is responsible to build up team expertise in his/her field of intervention, to strengthen the technical capacities of the WASH team;
- S/he actively participates in the project development and definition of the WASH strategy for the Delegation.
- Coordinates with other Tdh sectors (child protection and education) to ensure implementation of standardised activities and to promote programmatic integration;
- Works in close collaboration and consultation with available government structures, non-government actors, WASH cluster system (especially HP technical working group) and community representatives;
- Develop a network to facilitate the projects’ acceptance and stakeholders’ contribution and ownership;
- University degree (Master degree or PhD preferred) in social sciences and/or anthropology and/or public health and/or environmental sciences;
- Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic will be an asset;
- Significant experience in implementing behavioral change strategies and techniques especially in WASH or public health-related fields;
- Significant experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative social surveys;
- Proven training capabilities and in human resources capacity building;
- Proven capacity in contextual analysis, particularly local behaviours related to socio-cultural factors;
- Dynamic, proactive, adaptable, autonomous in his/her work and endowed with a good team spirit and good communication skills;
- A good knowledge of the Iraqi or the Middle-East will be considered a strong asset. If it is first experience in Iraq, the candidate should have a pronounced interest in this socio-cultural context;
- Knowledge of the Iraqi/Syrian context would be a distinct advantage.
Expatriate contract under Swiss labor code 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4’300 CHF (~3’700 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JRNgQGQS?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter in ENGLISH).
Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.