Stanley Thomas Johnson Foundation: Seeking Applications for Conflict and Violence Grant
Deadline: 15 November 2018
The Stanley Thomas Johnson Foundation is seeking applications for its Conflict and Violence grant program to protect the lives, safety, dignity and physical and mental well-being of people affected by war and armed conflict.
The projects they back deal primarily with the causes, attendant circumstances and consequences of violence, and include:
- protection for civilians, especially displaced persons and refugees
- psychosocial assistance and rehabilitation of the victims of war and conflict
- projects to prevent and resolve conflicts for people affected by war
- The foundation makes grants to projects in Switzerland and the UK as well as to projects run by Swiss and UK organisations in the following countries: Ethiopia, Mali, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Afghanistan, Angola, Central African Republic, Chad, Myanmar, Yemen and Syria.
- The foundation supports recognised civilian non-profit organisations headquartered in Switzerland or the UK with experienced, highly qualified leading managers. And organisations that are able to assess projects in line with scientific standards and apply recognised reporting methods.
- They also focus on the following criteria in their selection process:
- organisations with quality certification or awards
- organisations that collaborate with partners in the countries in question
- projects with a multiplicator effect and a systematic approach
- innovative and niche projects
- projects that take account of social, economic and ecological sustainability criteria,
- projects that involve cultural integration
- projects that are in line with recognised national plans
- What do they generally not support?
- projects that do not meet the foundation’s aims
- applications that do not meet the selection criteria
- very small or one-off events
- projects that seek to obtain prestige
- purely commercial projects or projects carried out by private institutions or government offices
- projects carried out by groups or organisations that are not registered with a national or regional authority (e.g. not recognised as charities)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Conflict and Violence Grant.