SNV recruits 01 Project Manager- Innovations Against Poverty (IAP) Project
Project Manager- Innovations Against Poverty (IAP) project
Kampala, UgandaFull-timeContract type: National employment contract
Company DescriptionSNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is implementing second phase of a multi country Innovations Against Poverty (IAP) project (2020- 2023) with funding from Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA). The overall goal of the project is to reduce poverty and improve living conditions for the Base of the Pyramid (BoP) population. It is implemented through private sector partnership by identifying and supporting innovative Inclusive commercial enterprises to implement business models that deliver developmental benefits for the low-income population while being commercially viable and sustainable.
In order to ensure successful implementation of the Uganda sub project, SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a competent, dynamic and entrepreneurial Project Manager to lead the implementation in Uganda.
Background of the PositionThe IAP Uganda sub Project Manager will lead and manage the planning, implementation, closing and the workforce of the Uganda sub project, within scope, budget, timeline and acceptable quality levels along the commitments specified in the contracts signed with the donor(s) and other relevant stakeholders. The Project Manager shall work in line with SNV standards, SNV`s approach to project management and donor regulations, in order to achieve high quality and achieve the agreed results and deliverables of the project.
Major Responsibilities· Responsible for overall project management activities including planning, budgets, implementation processes, partnership management and results
· Responsible for leading and managing the performance of the local project implementation team;
· Build, strengthen and manage collaborations with governments, key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
· Manage co-investment grant contracts with inclusive business companies and coordinate project consortium partners;
· Work closely with the Multi country PMU Program manager, Finance manager and other consortium staff members.
· Managing IAP Uganda sub project budget in line with SNV procedures and requirements
· Responsible for all project reporting according to SNV and donor requirements
· Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with the PMU;
· Present results and represent the project both internally and externally
· Perform any other duties in line with the position.
Qualifications & requirements· Relevant advanced academic qualification at master’s level; a post graduate qualification in project management is added advantage.
· Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in implementing relevant development projects at technical level preferably in sectors of Agriculture, WASH and Energy.
· 5 years’ experience successfully managing a project of not less than 1 million USD or EUR. Experience with multi-country projects and consortium is a plus.
· Solid experience in project management, Experience with managing SIDA funded project is a bonus.
· Solid technical knowledge of inclusive business models or social enterprises
· Experience with grant or challenge fund management is a plus
· Able to strategically lead, inspire and energise project teams;
· Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation aspects of a project;
· Demonstrated experience in managing partnership with private business companies
· Excellent social and networking skills with different kinds of stakeholders
· Highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills who takes individual accountability seriously;
· Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral) including reporting and presentation skills;
· Fluency in both written and spoken English;
Additional InformationApplication Deadline: by 4 November 2020.
Contract Duration : 3 years
Contract Type: Local (open to Ugandan nationals only)
Duty Stations: Kampala
Desired Start Date: Dec 2020