SI recrute 01 Consortia coordinator (H/F) – ERBIL
Desired start date: 1/12/2020
Duration of the mission: 6 months (renewable according to funding)
Location: Erbil – Iraq
ABOUT THE MISSION
The SI mission has been opened in February 2017, with emphasis on the Mosul response.
The mission is composed of one Coordination office in Erbil (7 expatriates and 8 national staffs) and one operational base in Mosul (1 expatriate and 23 national staff), with a sub base in Bardarash. For the WASH activities in Bardarash and KRI camps, the current setup is composed of one expat Program Manager (Head of Base) and 15 national staffs. A new sub base might open in the coming months in Sinjar.
Regarding the evolution of the context, the mission will aim at keeping an early recovery WaSH component with ongoing research for development of new areas in line with the shift of context that entail wave of return movements to newly secured areas. Simultaneously, as some camps remain, being a key actor in wash in camps and informal settlements is still relevant and activities are implemented through the consortia funded by ECHO and IHF.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Wash Consortia Coordinator will be responsible for providing overall coordination, leadership and technical guidance to the WASH Consortia (IHF 3, Echo) while ensuring adherence to all project’s objectives, performance requirements, and donor regulations and reporting.
S/he will serve as the key liaison with consortia partners and Solidarités International.
Her/His main responsibility is to guarantee the quality and suitability of the consortia approaches with respect to the needs of vulnerable population targeted by the projects.
S/he will support consortia members during whole project cycle and provide them with tailor made capacity building and general support.
S/he contributes to guarantee the technical follow up and the reporting of the projects implemented by the partners in the 2 consortia to the donor, and to lead the development of the Consortia accountability framework and its implementation
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Strategic planning and project leadership
- Technical WASH support and operational monitoring and evaluation
- Coordination and representation
- Project delivery
- Support partners with the whole project cycle implementation and provide them capacity building according the identified needs
- Propose adaptation of the consortia strategy according to contextual evolutions
- Assist the Country Director in representing Solidarités International and consortia towards the donors and key stakeholders
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Develop partner’s capacity building plans
- Develop and oversee implementation of consortia accountability framework
- Promote visibility of the Consortia activities
- According to access, organize visit in the intervention areas of partners
- Ensure quality of the data collection and knowledge management within the consortia projects
Specific skills and experience:
- Masters’ degree or equivalent (in WaSH related specialization or political sciences, law, development…)
- At least 3 years of field experience (as program manager, coordinator or consultant) in humanitarian and/or development field
- Experience in accompanying local partners
- Multi-project support experience
- Experience in semi-remote management is an asset
- Experience in Iraq or Middle East countries appreciated
- Experience in solar pumping, water treatment plant, reverse osmosis, waste management is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of data management and analysis (with at least the mastery of one software: excel, R or stata)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work and stress management capacities
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments
- Ability to coordinate different organization with very different backgrounds and objectives
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required
- Arabic speaking is an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 3080 euros gross per month)
and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of one additional rest day per month worked, i.e. 12 days in addition for a one-year contract.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
In Erbil, there are good security and living conditions.
Expats live in a fully equipped guest house located in Ankawa neighborhoods, with 5 bedrooms, 5 to 10 minutes from the office by walk. It is possible to walk around the neighborhood and there are many shops and restaurants. There are parks in the city where you can walk or go running, and many malls and shops which sell a very large variety of goods.
Expats can face street or taxi driver harassment. It is recommended that expats do not walk alone late at night or take unknown taxis on their own.
SI works in Mosul and Bardarash city, which are quite stable, but with the expansion to other areas as Sinjar or South of Iraq (mainly Bagdad) there are security rules more adapted to the volatile context.
Due to access constraints and current COVID restrictions, movements outside of KRI are very limited. In the future, trips to partners intervention sites as Bagdad, Salah Adin, Sinjar, Dyala might be organized.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/