Save The Children recrute 01 Regional Roving Supply Chain Manager
Regional Roving Supply Chain Manager
The Roving Supply Chain Manager provides strategic and technical Supply Chain leadership and support to assigned Cos. The Roving Supply Chain Manager acts as Country Office Focal point for Procurement, Asset Management, Fleet Management, Inventory Management, Supply Chain projects roll out, Supply Chain HR management, and data management.
This role should be performed in regular coordination with assigned COs, in order to ensure high quality Supply Chain technical and management backstop support, linking with all relevant COs and RO stakeholders.
He/she is the first point of contact for COs concerning anything related to Supply Chain, providing guidance, leadership, support and coordination. This role should be embedded within assigned COs Supply Chain teams, ensuring that each staff within supply chain function can contact him/her to raise issue or obtain ad hoc support.
Qualifications and experience
* A Degree in Procurement I Logistics or related area, Master’s degree an advantage
* At least five years logistics management or operations management level experience in logistics in the NGO sector, within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments.
* Minimum 3 years international management experience is must. Experience at Regional or HQ level a strong advantage.
* Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution. Warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management.
* Ability to synthesize and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions; experience in managing high level of data and analysing analytics.
* Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
* Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
* Experience in developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
* Experience in development and implementation of efficient logistics systems, policies and procedures.
* Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
* Fluent in French and English
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Knowledge of Western and Central Africa region is a must, and previous SCI Experience is strong advantage
* Excellent in office pack/SharePoint is advantage
* Willingness and ability to travel around the region sometimes with small notice.
* Resilient to stress and able to keep him/herself motivated also during challenging situations
* Experienced in remotely managing or supporting senior management roles is a must.
* Able to prioritize and work with limited supervision, self-motivated, resilient to stress
Contract length: 18 Months
Contract type: International Contract
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Permanent – Full-Time
Closing date: Thursday 6 September 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified