Save The Children International recrute 01 Procurement Coordinator
|Entreprise/Structure: Save the Children International|
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 15-01-2018
Publié le 28/12/2017 à 15h01min03s
Détails de l’offre:
Contract Length: 01 Year renewable
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Procurement Coordinator is working within the regional procurement unit: this position is responsible to process international procurement for Countries in WCA region and is providing review and validation of procurement processes done at country level.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for support to SCI Country Offices in the region through : Process International Procurement Request from countries within WCA region . Receive, review and process International Procurement Requests produced in Countries . Obtain quotations from Suppliers under FWA contract, provide bid analysis and ensure best value for money is produced . Arrange and follow up transport of procured items up to requesting countries, support in documentation management for custom clearance . Be the interface for Countries and Suppliers over procurement processes . Ensure accurate and precise archiving of procurement and document sharing. . Link with Finance Department to ensure payments to the Suppliers are properly managed . Ensure Procurement Trackers for all regional procurement is in place and regularly updated. . Share with countries on regular basis the procurement tracker to update on procurement process. . Support Procurement Manager in setting up new FWAs that can be used at Regional office level to support Countries’ procurement. Review and Validate Procurement Processes done at country office level . Receive and review procurement processes done at country level ensuring compliance with SCI and Donors’ regulation and that procedures deliver value for money. Coordinate procurement for the regional office . According to Procurement Manager attribution of tasks and allocation of responsibilities within the procurement unit, the procurement coordinator will lead procurement processes to set up strategic contracts in Senegal covering the needs of Senegal country and Regional Office. . The coordinator will also be in charge of procurement for the Regional Office: Validating request and handling more complex procurement. . Manage the procurement assistant.
KEY DELIVERABLES: . Archive of international procurement processes is properly kept . International Procurement request are received and processed according to the targets set up for the procurement unit. . Local procurement processes to be reviewed and validated by the Procurement Unit are processes according to targets set up for this activity by the Procurement Manager. . All trackers are kept up to date with accurate and reliable data.
A Degree in Procurement or related area, Master’s degree an advantage
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
– At least five years in managing procurement processes (RFQs, Tenders both national and international)
– Experience in NGO sector procurement division or in Private sector procurement is required.
– Proven experience in handling international transport freight forwarders
– Experience working with large institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations
– Experience in keeping online and offline archive of procurement processes
– Ability to synthesize and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
– Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
– Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
– Fluent in French and English
– Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
– Commitment to Save the Children values
– Excellent in office pack/SharePoint is advantage
– Strong communication skills
– Resilient to stress
– Strong experience in procurement and contracting , including framework agreement
– Experienced in procurement of medical supply chain is a key advantage
– Ability to process big data, provide reports
– Able to prioritize and work with limited supervision
self-motivated, resilient to stress
– The Organisation We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
– Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued. Application Information: Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Contract – Full-Time
Closing date: Monday 15 January 2018
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified