Le PNUD recrute 01 Budget & Programming Associate G6
Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum requis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: Non précisé
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 05-05-2017
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Budget & Programming Associate G6
Area of expertise: Resource management
Type of contract: Long term opportunities
Closing date: 06 May 2017, 01:59 GMT
This job is based in Dakar Regional Bureau under the Regional Budget & Programming Unit/Function, reporting to the Regional Budget & Programming Officer. Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to complex queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders support management of financial resources and may provide guidance to other staff.
To provide a range of specialized support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Review budget plans, monitor and analyse project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
2. Provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
3. Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks
and maximise operational effectiveness.
4. Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation.
5. Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
6. Review, compile and analyse data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
7. Maintain communication with a number of stakeholders regarding project funds management matters and related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimise use of funds.
8. Provide guidance to other support staff and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
• Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
• Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
• Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
• Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
• Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Internal Controls & Compliance Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.
Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting Analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations for senior leadership on financial and business planning matters in accordance with Value for Money principles.
Resource Management Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.
Performance Management Displays sufficient understanding of WFP performance management system to gather relevant and accurate information from internal and external sources for inputs to monitoring and/or evaluation processes.
Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and French language is required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has supported the preparation and management of budgets.
• Has assisted with the monitoring of budgets/resource plans/pipelines/supply chains.
• Has assisted with budget/allotment related issues within the WFP budget system.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position open to Senegalese nationals and ECOWAS nationals.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
1. IN ORDER TO APPLY:
Applicants should follow application process below and submit their CV.
Go to: http://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Step 1: Create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday 5th May 2017
Apply here: https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=44383