Plan International recruits 01 Project Officer (Dream Center Project)
Location: Calamba City, LAG, PH
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is currently implementing a three-year project funded by Hyundai Motors Corporation. The project is entitled the Hyundai Dream Center Project, based in Calamba City Laguna. This project is implemented, in close collaboration with Hyundai Asia Resources Inc. (HARI) and Plan International Korea. The project seeks to contribute to breaking the cycle of poverty by improving the livelihood of poor families, enable them to provide an appropriate education for their children to prepare them for employment or engage in entrepreneurship/self-employment. Target beneficiaries will be selected from provinces of East Samar, North Samar, West Samar, Mindoro, Masbate, Maguindanao, Metro Manila, Cebu, and Leyte.
In this regard, Plan International Philippines invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
- Assist the Project Manager in overseeing the operation and provide technical support for the implementation of the skills training, guidance, mentoring and monitoring of youth beneficiaries.
- Assist in the conduct of career guidance to youth participants and provide regular mentoring and coaching.
- Ensure the regular monitoring of youth graduates using the centralized database management system.
- Facilitate the establishment of community-based targeting mechanisms to identify target beneficiaries 50% of whom are women.
- Facilitate and assist the HARI Dream center project in regular meetings and relevant events of the project.
- Develop written case stories and good practices.
- This role is based in Calamba City, Laguna, with regular travel to Manila. The assignment is for 15 months.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Economics, Business Administration or Entrepreneurship. An advanced degree is an advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in providing or facilitating training and education of youth beneficiaries.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in working with partners and leading a project.
- Has relevant training and/or experience implementing projects or programs related to Technical Vocational Skills.
- Experience in working within private businesses, commercial companies or hospitals is an advantage.
- Has good verbal and written communications skills. Negotiation and advocacy skills are preferred.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants preferred.