Plan International recruits 01 Grants Assistant (Marawi Response Project)
Location: Iligan City, LAN, PH
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International seeks a dynamic leader and project strategist to fill the role of Grants Assistant for USAID funded Marawi Response Project to be based in Iligan City.
The Grants Assistant will manage the grant-making process at the Community Development Team (CDT) level while reporting to the Grants Officer on individual grants.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive and pre-screen grant applications to ensure that all required documentation is included in the grant application for funding under the Marawi Response Project.
- Schedule grant evaluation committee meetings.
- Provide in-field tracking of all awarded grants through the Grants Management System.
- Prepare monthly consolidation of awards pipeline and active award information and status.
- Provide other relevant field information requested by the Grants Manager.
- Ensures that all sub-grant selection and award and in compliance with the approved Grants Manual
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a similar role, preferably within an international NGO, donor institution or development organization.
- Motivated, fast learner with good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Organized with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a skilled and culturally diverse team
- Familiarity with grant lifecycle phases and program management elements, including proposal development, budgeting, and reporting.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants are preferred.