Plan International recruits 01 Country Gender Specialist
Location: Makati City, 00, PH
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is one of the oldest and largest international development agencies in the world. In the Philippines, Plan works with children and their families in poor communities with programs covering youth economic empowerment, nutrition, disaster risk management, and child protection.
For this purpose, Plan International invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
COUNTRY GENDER SPECIALIST
The Country Gender Specialist develops and advises on gender-related projects that support Plan’s child-centered development initiatives and programs. He/She provides support on quality control, M&E, and integration of gender concepts and issues with other projects/programs. She/He capacitates staff and partners. This role is based in Metro Manila, with constant field work to the program areas.
Some responsibilities include:
- Provide Gender technical inputs from a rights-based perspective throughout the preparation of the Program Area Long-Term Plans.
- Participate in the annual review and updating of the program area long-term plans.
- Conduct field visits and provide on-the-spot technical recommendations.
- Assess capacity-building needs of staff related to gender; make corresponding capacity-building recommendations.
- Act as a resource person or tap external ones as needed in staff capacity-building activities.
- Generate ideas, concepts, and insights based on current issues, trends, and patterns (economic, political, socio-cultural, environmental).
- Develop concept papers for grant proposals in coordination with concerned units.
- University graduate. Diploma or postgraduate degree on Gender Studies, Women’s Studies, Women and Development, Women and Ecology, or any related course.
- At least five years’ experience in development work, implementing a Gender program/s.
- Has at least three years’ experience in designing, directly implementing, and managing donor-funded child-centered community development or humanitarian program and projects.
- Experience and training in a rights-based approach to development, community development, gender sensitivity, gender program implementation
- A good communicator, both in writing and spoken communications.
- Experience working in an international environment or international development/humanitarian organization is desirable.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants preferred.