Plan International recruits 01 Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist
Location: Iligan City, LAS, PH
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is one of the oldest and largest international development agencies in the world. In the Philippines, Plan works with children and their families in poor communities with programs covering disaster risk management, youth economic empowerment, nutrition, and child protection.
Plan International invites highly competent, experienced and committed professionals to fill the following position:
CHILD PROTECTION IN EMERGENCIES (CPiE) SPECIALIST
- Represent Plan International Philippine as the secretariat for the Joint Regional Child Protection and Gender-Based Violence Working Group.
- Act as the deployable CPiE Specialist on any local disaster response of Plan International Philippines.
- Provide technical support in (CPiE) during the planning and implementation of Plan Philippines disaster response.
- Review and provide input in project outlines and proposals related but not limited to disaster response/s.
- Develop mechanisms and strategies on effective implementation of the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy of Plan International, in all Mindanao project and program areas.
- Conduct and attend relevant network meetings for consultation, shared learning, and continuing education on child protection.
- Collaborate with partners at the provincial and regional levels to ensure partners’ counterparts at lower levels are actively engaged in project implementation.
- This role will be based in Iligan City, with travel to the various project and program areas of Plan International, in Mindanao.
- Graduate of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, or related courses. A Registered Social Worker is an advantage.
- Has a minimum of five years experience in implementing child protection programs.
- Has expert knowledge on child protection issues and programs in the Philippines.
- Has strongly demonstrated skills in establishing and working with various stakeholders.
- Has a strong background and training on community-based child protection system, project management, and case management.
- Has a good command of verbal and written communication skills. Exposure and use of local languages is an advantage.
- Experience in an international non-government organization is an advantage.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants are preferred.
Laisser un Commentaire