Policy and Advocacy Officer
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and support of global health priorities by policymakers, coalitions, and other influential individuals and groups. PATH’s APP department is seeking a Policy and Advocacy Officer to support advocacy and policy initiatives in the areas of immunization supply chain strengthening in Senegal. This position will report to the Senegal Project Coordinator based in Dakar, Senegal.
The Policy and Advocacy Officer, will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
**Position is contingent upon funding**
The Policy and Advocacy Officer will be responsible for:
- Working with the APP team to develop and implement an advocacy strategy and corresponding activities to advance specific policy changes in support of immunization supply chain strengthening at the country and sub-country level. The policy changes will be based on a landscape analysis that has been carried out in Senegal.
- Cultivating and strengthening relationships with targeted Country level policymakers, government and ministerial officials and staff, and key opinion leaders to promote priority policy changes.
- Building relationships with key actors, stakeholders, and partners (including country level civil society organizations) working in the areas of immunisation, advocacy, and policy and program implementation within the select counties.
- Collaborating with communications teams within PATH to develop innovative advocacy materials and dissemination approaches to effectively promote priority policy changes to key policymakers and other external audiences. Advocacy materials may include print, online, and multi-media formats.
- Representing the APP team, as well as PATH, at national, regional and global level conferences and events as appropriate.
- Contributing to the development and dissemination of cross-organizational advocacy successes and lessons learned.
- Planning and coordinating related events, which may include advocacy and outreach meetings, workshops, briefings, and conferences.
- Tracking donor and organizational reporting requirements and report preparation as necessary.
- Required Skills
- Demonstrated success in planning and conducting advocacy activities to achieve health- or development-related policy outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in planning and conducting advocacy activities to influence immunization-related policies.
- In depth knowledge of the immunization sector, specifically as it pertains to the supply chain system in Senegal.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex issues in a concise, compelling, and easily understandable manner.
- Extensive knowledge of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Senegal as a whole.
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel to selected districts and additional travel as necessary.
- Any other business identified to support the implementation of the work.
- Fluency in English and French required.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (masters preferred); plus a minimum of seven years of professional experience developing and implementing a wide variety of advocacy and policy initiatives in immunization in the Senegal context.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing immunization-related policies in Senegal.
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with government personnel, NGO partners, and international and local organizations.
- Experience in successfully working with geographically dispersed teams and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Job Location
- Dakar, , Senegal
- Company Location
- Senegal, Dakar
- Position Type