||Local full-time contract or VSI Contract
||Passerelles numériques Philippines
|Start date / duration
||November 2019 – Unlimited contract
||Cebu, the Philippines
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 98 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, Microsoft and Société Générale and also receives support from individual donors.
In the Philippines, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2009, with a training center based in Cebu, in the central region of the Visayas. PN Philippines offers a two years and a half vocational training program for young people in precarious situations.
Context and mission
Passerelles numériques Philippines (PNP) is looking for a General Manager (GM) to lead and oversee the PNP operations team, lead the development of the project, and ensure quality, impact, and sustainability, in line with PN’s charter, values, and PN’s Social Mission.
The GM ensures that the Mission, the team work and the PN values (Trust, Responsibility, Respect, Solidarity, and a Demanding Approach) are upheld and transferred to each staff member and student. S/he creates a shared vision among all staff.
S/he is the main representative for PN in Philippines and as such is responsible for ensuring that the organization remains accountable to the standards and expectations of donors, government authorities, and the local communities.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the PN Asia Director, s/he will be in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that PN mission is implemented in a locally-relevant approach
- Play expected role in the operational governance of the association: Contribute to the reflections for PN’s strategy and the implementation of results. Contribute to PN’s operational global discussions as part of Management committee. Collaborate closely with PN Asia Director and PN Asia regional team. Ensure regular and qualitative liaison with the Board of Passerelles numériques Philippines Foundation
- Manage PNP operations in Cebu (220 to 270 students, 2 centres, 10 boarding houses…), in accordance with sound management practices, PN policies and all legal rules and agreements valid with the relevant stakeholders in the Philippines.
- Oversee the work of PNP’s different departments: Selection, Education, Training, External Relations, IT administration, Finance, HR & Administration
- Oversee Pedagogical orientations and training experiments at PNP in partnership with PNP’s Partner University and the corporate sector involved in PNP training.
- Ensure the welfare of 200 underprivileged youth during their stay at PNP.
People Leadership & Management
- Lead and manage PNP’s management team
- Maintain effective and appropriate staff recruitment, induction, appraisal, remuneration and development practice at all levels to ensure optimum utilisation and development of human resources. Ensure that PN’s HR policies are applied in PNP
- Act and behave as an ambassador, a facilitator and a role model to promote PN values: Solidarity, Responsibility, Trust, Respect, Demanding approach
- Create a climate that attracts, retains and motivates commitment to PN’s mission, and foster an environment committed to continuous improvement
- Participate in regular meetings with staff to ensure priorities are clear, coordination is effective and communication is open.
Financial Management & Administration
- Operate within budget as validated by the Board of PN: Ensure the strict control of budgetary discipline by following PN established procedures and close monitoring of expenditures. Prepare the operational budgets with PNP and PN Finance Managers and report financial metrics as defined at PN level
- Provide status update and financial reports as required by PN accounting procedures and by the Philippinesgovernment.
- Oversee and direct the appropriate mobilisation, use and management of financial, logistical and other resources in the mission in line with PN’s policies and donor’s requirements.
Monitoring & Knowledge Management
- Ensure that activities are monitored, and key performance indicators are followed and reported on a regular basis in order to demonstrate the achievement of PN’s mission and PN’s objectives.
- Analyse the indicators, results and impact and make proposals for corrective actions when needed.
Logistics & Risk Management
- Ensure that Staff and students operate and live in a safe environment.
- Oversee organisational insurance policies. Ensure health and safety procedures are known and followed.
- Implement and assist in the development, review and maintenance of various policies regarding health, safety, security and environmental matters.
- Anticipate and inform PN about risks and solutions.
Representation Communication, and Local Fundraising
- Provide support and assistance to the Asia Director in representing PN International’s mission, vision, and values as an organization, in the Philippines, to all in-country staff, partners, other in-country organizations, government agencies and officials and any other stakeholders, ass needed
- Apply PN Fundraising guidelines and strategy for Asia partnerships and prospection, investigate accordingly, and experiment local funding sources appropriate to PNP’s resource needs
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with donors
- Ensure regular, rigorous monitoring ; Provide PN’s fundraising teams (France,and Asia) with project information and data needed for donor reporting, prospection, and new proposals
- Assist to coordinate with PNP’s External Relations Manager and PN Asia Communications Manager local events
|Expériences / Formation du candidat
- Master degree in a relevant field (Education, Training, Management).
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in one or several following field(s):
- Experience in team management,
- Experience in teaching and education of youth.
- Experience in handling youth and/or social work,
- Experience in project management (pedagogy, Education, ICT)
- Experience in the Non-for-profit sector / Social Purpose Organisations
- Successful experience in an international environment (in Asia preferably)
- Strong project management experience (planning, organising, staffing, leading and controlling), preferably in a leading management position
- Strong knowledge of Filipino culture is a valuable plus
- High sense of integrity and honesty
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Sense of initiative, autonomous, organised, creative, open, and critical
- Able to work under pressure
- Strongly motivated to work for underprivileged young people
- English fluency (preferred as it’s the work language)
- French Language is an asset