Passerelles numériques recruits 01 HR Director (VSI)
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains around 600 students and employs 100 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, Microsoft and Société Générale and also receives support from individual donors.
Passerelles numériques Asia is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. This transversal team is composed of 8 staff, who fill the role of support functions. Their goals are to coordinate the operations in proximity to the field.
Since 2019, PN has been reflecting on its context, model and impact to improve strongly and critically its relevance, sustainability and visibility.
Indeed, the world of work undergoes tremendous changes at an always quicker pace. Changes are mainly due to the fast progressing digitalization of economies that will affect the entire global workforce, but above all disadvantaged young people and populations, including (young) women. They will be at great risk of professional displacement and unemployment as jobs of the future will likely look very different and new skills to work and to stay relevant will be needed.
As a consequence, PN is undergoing an in depth-transformation in order to review organisation, develop solutions, expand reach, enhance operational capacity and become an innovative player for inclusive technology in a digitalized economy.
Also, to serve those objectives, PN is transitioning progressively in 2020 and starts to reshape operations, organisation and required skills.
Following an internal promotion and in this context, PN is looking for her/his new Human Resources Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this context, Passerelles numériques is looking for its PN Human Resources Director (HRD) to sustain the expansion and operation of PN’s mission and the progressive fulfillment of PN’s strategy, that requires the organisation to enhance further agility, innovation and collaboration.
The HRD’s main mission is to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the PN’ strategy and PN’s challenges.
The HR manager works in close and regular collaboration with:
- PN global management (Asia and France Directors)
- PN local teams in the countries of operations
- PN HR local teams supporting local operations/centers
S/he will also manage and collaborate with an HR manager based in Cebu, Philippines, to support her/his responsibilities.
S/he will be in charge of:
- Propose an innovative and efficient HR vision and policies answering PN transformations and environment
- Be able to prepare an HR succession plan for PN
- Be able to listen and combined the advice from the field and experts
- Impulse the implementation of HR projects based on PN values
- Contribute to design attractive and positive working conditions, in a climate that attracts, retains and motivates commitment to PN’s mission, and foster an environment dedicated to continuous improvement and innovation.
Recruitment and staff management:
With the support of PN HR manager, s/he will be an advisor on
- The recruitment needs and definition of candidate profiles
- The development of recruitment channels
- Job design and team organisation
- The monitoring of the staff by their managers
And actively participating in:
- Proposing strategies to continue the development of PN employer brand in order to attract qualified candidates
- The recruitment process of international profiles (sourcing, first interview, report and participation in the final decision
- Coordinating the integration of international newcomers
- Regularly monitoring international staff and volunteers
- Animating the volunteers’ network
Human Resources development
- Ensure the efficiency of the staff performance appraisal process
- Support the managers (training, coaching) to prepare and conduct their meeting
- Develop teams’ skills: identification of needs, training plans, proposals of resource/persons
- With the support of the HR coordinator, propose solutions and actors in order to develop staff skills and motivation
Operational support to the centers
- Support operations in their decisions (recruitment, dismissal, mobility, training, conflict management…),
- Advise the operations team to define their local HR strategy and to implement it
- Support the country representatives in the development of the managers
- Provide support to managers in the application of labour law and in teams development
- Develop HR actors skills in the 3 centres
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or master degree with a speciality in Management or Human resources
- Have a successful experience in HR management, in a transition/innovative environment
- Have a strong experience in change management
- Be willing to work for non-profit projects.
- Have a previous work experience in a multicultural environment.
- Panoramic knowledge of human resources fields
- Good knowledge of law and regulations in France and in Asia is prefered
- Excellent knowledge of HR processes and tools
- Communication skills and taste for teamwork
- Excellent solving problems and analytical skills
- Global vision of the functions of an organization
- Excellent understanding of the challenges of multicultural environments
- Be creative to bring new solutions
- Great sense of dialogue and relational intelligence
- Adaptability and flexibility in a changing environment
- Organizational skills and honesty
- Listening and very good communication skill
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher), Google Suite (email and Drive)
- English is the working language
- French to communicate with the French organisations
Reporting to the PN Asia Director based in Cambodia, s/he will work in close collaboration with all PN entities regarding diverse HR subjects.
- Multicultural team setting (Khmer, French, Filipino, Vietnamese)
- Business trips abroad (Vietnam, Philippines – twice per year)
- Weekly working hours
- VSI or Local contract
- Allowance or salary depending on profile
- Insurance or pension package (CFE, health care, repatriation and accident insurance, pension contribution in the French system)
- Paid leave: 24 days per year
- One plane ticket round trip home – Phnom Penh at the beginning of the mission and the end of the mission
- One plane ticket round trip Phnom Penh – home every 12 months