Passerelles numériques recruits 01 Asia External relations and fundraising Officer, VSI contract – based in Phnom Penh
For more information visit our website
Passerelles numériques (PN) is a French non-profit organisation created in 2005. Our mission is to enable highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains more than 460 students and employs around 100 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques Asia is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. This regional team is composed of 8 staff, who fill the role of support functions. Their goals are to coordinate the operations in proximity to the field.
PN as a whole is currently undergoing a strategic project that aims to increase the organisation’s financial sustainability as well as its monitoring and evaluation capacities. Additionally, PN strives to scale its operations across the three existing project countries and in new geographies.
CONTEXT AND MISSION
Passerelles numériques is a not-for-profit organisation and relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, JP Morgan and Microsoft as well as charitable foundations and individual donors.
The External Relations and Fundraising team supports PN’s mission and its ambitious strategic project. The External Relations and Fundraising Officer will be part of PN Asia, a transversal team based in Phnom Penh, supporting the centres in their operations.
The job holder will closely work with the External Relations and Development Manager in implementing PN’s fundraising strategy. From prospecting new partnerships (financial/in-kind/volunteering) to the proposal development process and donor reporting, the External Relations and Fundraising Officer will gain an in-depth understanding of partnership- and grant management processes and work across all of PN’s operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospection – identify suitable prospects and funding opportunities, analyse requirements and recommend course of action to the External Relations and Development Manager
- Support the entire proposal development process, from collecting inputs from the country teams to the writing of concept notes/proposals
- Support the grant management process, especially report writing and donor follow-up
- Help define a strategy/model for sustainable expansion of partnerships in new geographies
- Ensure timely and correct database management of prospects/grants in Salesforce
- Regionally support monitoring and evaluation efforts through data collection and communication of surveys
- Support to the communications team (annual reports, newsletters, events etc.)
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Development or similar subject
- Experience in an international setting a plus
- Experience in an NGO/development sector a plus
- Previous experience in fundraising/business development a plus
- IT Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience with G Suite
- Open to work in a multicultural team across several countries
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and deliver high-quality work, often with the need to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language of PN)
STATUS AND CONDITIONS
- 2 years VSI contract renewable or unfixed term local contract (depending on the nationality of the candidate selected)
Allowance/salary depending on the profile
Insurance and pension contribution package
- Ticket plane 1 time per year home-mission place (for international volunteer only)
- Paid leave
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org