VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT N° 29/2016
(Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
Title: Budget & Programming Associate
Contract type: Fixed-Term Grade: G 6
Duration: 1 year – (renewable after satisfactory probation)
Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for West & Central Africa (RBD)
Closing date of application: Tuesday 17 May 2016 at 5:00PM
This job is based in the Regional Bureau under the Regional Budget & Programming Unit/Function, reporting to the Regional Budget & Programming Head.
- To provide a range of specialised support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resources.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation.
- Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
- Review, compile and analyse data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain communication with a number of stakeholders regarding project funds management matters anc related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimise use of funds.
- Provide guidance to other support staff and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency .in services delivered.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Desire Experiences for entry into the role
- Has supported the preparation and managenen of budget.
- Has assisted with the. monitoring of budgets/resource plan/pip-iines/supply chains.
- Has assisted with budget/allotment related issues within the WFP budget system
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Working know/edge (proficiency/Level C) of both French and English is required.
Other Post Requirements
Provide WINGS support to CO in the area of fund management.
How to Apply
Please provide a motivation letter, an updated curriculum vitae, a P. 11 forms (UN Personal History) along with photocopies of diplomas and certificates of services to your application. Please do not send originals documents as only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Send your application to the following address to The Regional Human Resources Officer UNWFP, 10 Avenue Pasteur x Rue Galliéni, BP. 6288 Dakar Etoile – Senegal before the closing date under confidential cover clearly indicating the title of the Job « Budget & Programming Associate »and the vacancy announcement N°29/2016 or by email with all the attachments of your application file to the following email address
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Position open to Senegalese nationals only.