OXFAM Senegal is seeking a Business Services Manager
Position : BUSINESS SERVICES MANAGER
- Contract Type: Fixed Term 2 years
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Job Grade: National B2
- Reporting to: Country Director (direct), OUS Director of Finance (matrix)
- Job Ref No: SNBSM06
WHO WE ARE
Oxfam is a global organization working to right the wrongs of poverty, hunger, and injustice. We work with people in more than 90 countries to create lasting solutions. Oxfam saves lives, develops long-term solutions to poverty, and campaigns for social change.
OXFAM has been active in Senegal for more than two decades. In recent years, our focus has been on supporting sustainable livelihoods, promoting good governance and ensuring sustainable human development in the face of crisis and human/natural disasters.
To provide a professional business focussed finance, logistics, human resources and administrative management service, delivering proactive solutions based approach for resolving issues and ensuring that the operational business requirements are effectively managed to deliver organisational results, which’ are focussed on developing capacity and expertise within Oxfam Senegal programme and in partner organisations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
As part of Senior Country Management Team, participate in the development and implementation of organisational strategy and manage the team to provide superior service in the key areas of financial management, logistics, human resources, IT and administrative support, ensuring that all key requirements are met so as not to disrupt normal operations. This includes:
- Contribute, to the operational planning and implementation of Oxfam finance, logistics, human resources, IT and administration initiatives, policies and procedures, ensuring rollout in an appropriate and effective manner for the Country
- Ensure the provision of quality business support services and that activities and priorities are aligned to the organizational objectives and that guidance/advice to management is provided accordingly
- Ensure that our practices in country are aligned with Oxfam’s values and policies, especially around financial management, staff management and procurement, both internally within Oxfam and externally within partners and suppliers organizations.
- Take overall responsibility for managing, leading and improving business support functions (Finance, HR, Administration, Logistics, and IT) across the country as core part of programme delivery.
- Manage all aspects of finance, accounting, and administration procedures in line with Oxfam, OUS, and donor standards, ensuring required financial reports are provided as required
- Le^d the country planning and budgeting processes aligned with 01 and OUS systems.
- Analyse and interpret financial information and present it in a manner that allows for improved management of organisational performance
- Ensure compliance with donor accounting and such requirements, local legal, statutory financial reporting requirements, and tax requirements ;
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of accounting transactions and monthly closings and production of financial reports to management and donors and ensure the effective tracking and reporting on multiple donor funded programmes
- Implement external & Internal Audit recommendations and provision of progress reports
- Ensure that Oxfam Senegal programme is cost effective, efficient and complies with all organizational business standards ! :
- Ensure that effective systems are put in place, and regularly reviewed, to allow adequate financial management and control over assets, funds, equipment, property, and facilities.
- In conjunction with the programme management team ensure sufficient partner operations capacity (partner evaluations and capacity building), partner compliance with reporting requirements and conduct or direct audits or partners financial reporting.
- Be actively involved in and aware of all organisational issues, so as to proactively identify potential problems and concerns and deliver quick, practical, business focussed solutions
- Take prompt and definite actions on non-compliance with policy and practice
- Advise managers on the interpretation and implementation of the full range of Oxfam’s business policies and procedures, ensuring consistency and fairness in application, in accordance with Oxfam policy and local legislative requirements
- Develop a customer service attitude within the finance, logistics, human resources, IT and administration teams and a focus on integrated teamwork
- Take responsibility for, provide overall management and advisory role on all aspects of business services
- Ensure that the structure, ways of working and prpcesses are supporting Oxfam’s mission in Senegal.
- Define and lead the implementation of the required changes and take full responsibility for it.
Administration, Logistics and IT
- Deliver an efficient day to day administration and general support, including reception, travel, office environment & office management (including relations with building management and lease oversight) and staff safety issues
- Ensure that the supply of goods and services to programmes is carried out speedily and efficiently in a transparent manner, following donors requirements
- Be responsible for the delivery within the country programme of the organisational information systems strategy, working within corporate parameters, to facilitate communications, information flow and management information, ensuring appropriate use of information technology based systems Ensure the provision of quality business support in logistics, purchasing and asset management in compliance with local and donor requirements and OUS/OI standards.
- Ensure that Oxfam Human Resources policies and procedures are implemented across the countiy
- Maintain an overview of national and international staff management, including recruitment, contracts, etc… and ensure compliance with local labor and tax law
- Ensure that all recruitments take place in a timely and transparent manner
- Work closely with the senior management team to identify and develop detailed staff development plans, to ensure that Oxfam staff have the required skills and abilities to provide capacity building and knowledge transfer to partner organisations
- Oversee the implementation of the identified staff development and internal capacity building work, as it relates to business service activities, undertaking actual training as required
- Regularly monitor and evaluate individual and departmental performance against objectives and ensure issues» are identified and addressed;
- Provide leadership and coordinate the business services team to ensure they have the necessary skills and abilities to effectively deliver operational support and services to the organisation
- Develop and implement a detailed plan for building the business services capacity of partner organisations, especially in finance, human resources and logistics. This will include needs assessment, capacity building approach and delivery plan including tools and methodologies, performance standards, and evaluation approach,
- To be familiar with, ensure compliance and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of conduct, the People in Aid Code, Oxfam International procedures and other regulatory codes (e.g. Interaction Field Co-operation Protocol).
- Be ready to perform any other activities related to business management issues when required
TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- A minimum of 7 years work experience, with at least 4 years at mid-senior management level
- Previous work experience in programme support functions and management of it (human resources, finance, capital assets, information management and logistics) in emergency and development context is essential
- Experience of leading the implementation of operational improvements and persistence to achieve change in a challenging environment
- Basic knowledge of human resource management strategies and tools
- Excellent leadership and people management abilities, with motivational, talent development and change management skills and the ability to lead a multidiscipline, multi-cultural team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to be flexible in demanding situation;
Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills;
- Experience in capacity building including coaching and providing feedback, and in the design and delivery of training;
- Analytical and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to present information and concepts clearly, both verbally and on paper
- Computer literacy, preferably knowledge of Oxfam financial and project database systems;
- Good written and spoken French and English is essential;
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Desirable financial academic background
- Experience working in complex organisations, and ability to influence and support colleagues in appreciating the importance of standards, procedures and controls
- Ability and willingness to travel at times on short notice, locally, regionally and internationally ‘ :
Equality and diversity
We are committed both to promoting equality and diversity within the organization and to Equal Opportunities in employment. We believe in equality of opportunity regardljss of race or racial group, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender idèntity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit.
HOW TO APPLY:
This opportunity is for a dedicated and highly motivated professional with strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you qualify for this post and you are the candidate that we are looking for, please submit your application and CV at : recruitmentsenegal @ oxfamamerica .org
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 23 JULY 2016