ONU Femmes recrute 01 Monitoring and Reporting Analyst
Monitoring and Reporting Analyst
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 19 Mai 2017
Description de l’offre
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Regional Office for West and Central Africa (WACARO), located in Dakar, is currently operating with its large-scale multi-stakeholders programs and projects, as well as technical assistance initiatives, in the countries of WCARO region.
The vision of UN WOMEN’s strategic plan in West and Central Africa is ‘enabling a more secure world for African women’. The plan has adopted a national and regional approach to advancing gender equality and women empowerment, and committed –among other strategies.
Within the UN System, playing a leading role in Gender Theme Groups and Donor Gender Groups, and supporting UNDAF processes with a focus on human rights, governance, institutional frameworks, and domestication of international conventions and other relevant instruments that promote gender equity and equality.
Reporting to the Strategic Planning and coordination Specialist, the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst will provide support to the Country Office (CO)/ Country Presence colleagues in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation as well tracking against Strategic Plan targets and the reporting of results to internal and external audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
Provide technical inputs to programme formulation to ensure monitoring and reporting is incorporated:
– Provide inputs to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality -assurance processes;
– Provide inputs to annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
Provide technical support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys;
– Facilitate the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan:
– Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes;
– Monitor data from partners/countries on a quarterly basis and provide inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making;
– Visit partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes, as required;
– Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
– Contribute to the development of the CO and Country Presence’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
– Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences
Facilitate the process of the CO and Country Presence meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
– Contribute substantial inputs to donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
– Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
Provide technical support to the CO and country Presence in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy
– Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in the country office;
– Draft/revise Terms of Reference for specific project/program evaluations;
– Ensure communication between the CO, country presence and RO regarding Evaluations.
Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
– Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons, and knowledge;
– Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
– Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
– Respect for Diversity
– Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
– Creative Problem Solving
– Effective Communication
– Inclusive Collaboration
– Stakeholder Engagement
– Leading by Example
– Good knowledge of programme formulation, implementation, and Results Based Management
– Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting
– Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports
– Analytical and report writing skills
– Good Organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
– Required Skills and Experience
EDUCATION END CERTIFICATIONS
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s Studies is required.
At least 1 year of relevant experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes.
Fluency in English and French is required;
Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
If you are interested in this position, click on the following link:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
Submission to: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=72179