OIM / Niger is seeking a Project Manager
Ville, Pays: Lomé, Togo
Niveau d’études minimum requis: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 2 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 31-05-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Position Title : Project Manager
Duty Station : Lome, Togo
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 May 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director in Dakar, in close collaboration with the IOM Project Focal Points in Gabon and Benin and the direct supervision of the Regional Counter Trafficking & Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) Specialist in RO Dakar and the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing two IOM Development Fund (IDF) projects between Gabon, Togo and Benin.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage the two IDF project implementations in a timely manner, overseeing financial, administrative and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
2. Monitor project progress, specifically aimed at increasing effectiveness and recommending appropriate action.
3. Coordinate all staff assigned to the IDF programmes, as well as consultants recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
4. Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Government entities, implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders in the IDF projects’ target countries.
5. Prepare progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the IDF projects between IOM, the programme ’s donors and other stakeholders.
6. Advise the Project Focal Points in Gabon and Benin on child protection and assistance activities in these three countries, with a view to enhancing their effectiveness, coherence and integrity, and maximizing synergies between interventions.
7. Provide technical assistance to IOM Missions in Gabon, Togo and Benin, as requested, with a view to building the Organization’s institutional capacities in this programmatic area.
8. Identify new project possibilities in West and Central Africa, and more specifically in Gabon, Togo and Benin, in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy.
9. Represent IOM at relevant seminars and meetings, as well as other events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities.
10. Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or a related field
from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the field of migration management;
• Experience implementing IDF projects is preferred;
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities;
• Knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation principles and practices;
• Familiarity with budget/financial administration; proven resource management skills;
• Good level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook).
– takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation
– works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning
– promotes continuous learning for self and others
– listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative
– actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation
– develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management
– identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
– contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 31 May 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 24.05.2016 to 31.05.2016
Requisition: CFA 2016/15 (P) – Project Manager (UG) – Lome, Togo (54785276) Released
Posting: Posting NC54785277 (54785277) Released