MSF recruits 01 Mobile support technician IT
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
To provide 1st and 2nd line (remote or in person) technical support to MSF missions in the relevant area of expertise and to contribute to capacity building of field staff through the application and transfer of technical know-how according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures in order to enable the development of the missions in perfect working conditions and optimize the impact of the medical projects.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
In collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator and under the supervision of the HQ technical advisor or referent work with mission staff to promote relevant technical awareness and to improve technical delivery in the relevant area, providing support and advice area in accordance with Terms of Reference agreed with the mission, normally comprising the following responsibilities:
- Carrying out a functional evaluation of the set-up in the specific technical area, assessing the applicable technical installations, systems, structures, equipment and HR set-up, the compliance with procedures, policies, and guidelines, within the framework of MSF standards in order to identify the main areas for improvement.
- Assessing and validating local suppliers and local (sub-) contractors for quality of materials, systems, installations, parts, etc. to ensure compliance with MSF quality standards.
- Developing and initiating the implementation of the improvement plan based on the recommendations arising from the functional evaluation.
- Assisting the logistics team with the design and installation of new (complex) systems and/or with the implementation of (new) protocols, tools etc.
- Monitoring and supervising established and on-going work, systems, and installations in the field of expertise and provide technical advice and solutions when necessary.
- Assisting the logistics team in their HR tasks such as recruitment & selection of technical staff, briefing and debriefing of focal persons and logisticians.
- Identifying training needs and contributing to the definition of training content for the area of expertise. Facilitating team training and provide on-the-job training on technical basics related to area of specialisation according to MSF standards to enable effective implementation of relevant methodologies, systems and tools and ensure best practice is delivered.
- Upon request of the hierarchical manager and in coordination with the relevant technical referents in HQ, develop new policies, tools, protocols and SOPs related to his/her area of expertise (with a local, regional or even global approach).
Contributing to the continuous learning and development of the department by:
- Drafting reports and action plans following field visits to capture experiences and lessons learnt.
- Contributing to the research and development of field tools, practices, guidelines, and policies based on insights gained in the job.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of practices and approaches within the area of expertise, and to share this knowledge with others to enhance operational effectiveness.
Providing direct field intervention:
- Upon request, participate in emergency operations
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess the context, identify IT needs and opportunities, apply immediate IT technical measures for proper daily activities.
- Needs assessment based on three pillars: connectivity, IT workspace, and local technical staff availability.
- Ensure a proper operation of IT workspace components within the project(s). This include but is not limited to: computers, Windows Operating system, O365 tools, user account management
- Install and troubleshoot all local IT network components such as router, WIFI access points, switches, cables, NAS servers, as well as additional items connected to main Internet connection source.
- Install and troubleshoot emergency data communication means such as BGAN (satellite), GSM router or similar.
- Ensure that minimum information secure measures are in place to protect MSF data and that users are aware of them. Tailored measures can be applied if necessary.
- In coordination with the Logistic Coordinator and the Functional Referent, draft a plan with clear IT priorities for the next 3-6 months of the intervention.
- If required, assess the local IT labour market to recommend the best way to move forward with local technician(s) for the long-term
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
Expériences / Formation
Education and experience
- Relevant technical degree or diploma
- 2 years’ experience in relevant field or HQ positions in MSF or in a low resource setting
- Experience providing training to adult learners.
- English and French are essential. Spanish is desirable.
- Advanced in IT network troubleshooting.
- Advanced in Microsoft Windows and Office 365 platform troubleshooting.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Communication skills
- Based at home country with frequent travelling and supervisions to the projects
- Contract: 3 months, with possible extension
- Full time job
- Annual gross salary: L5 (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy
- Practical working conditions while in the field are as per the MSF-OCBA guideline
- Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please follow the link below and submit your CVand cover letter
- Closing date: September 27th, 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)